• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AQUAH 2024

Dates clash terribly for me, else I’d have made the effort for this 😩

Any feedback or photos from the event Gill, would be great to hear how it went. 👍
I am already back home.
Alot of people and very busy. Lots of retailers there. Biggest was TMC stand.
George was there aswell and said hello.
My old Area Manager was there from MA Bolton. Awkward but was OK.

A few scapers are there with Horizon Aquatics which was lovely.
Horizons stand looks great. And the ADA style Heaven & Earth stand looked very very nice.

Tbh didn't take many pix as far too much crowding around and the 'Ism did not like that.

There are a few vloggers wandering about so there should be some good footage online soon.

Managed to take pix of the clownfish and snakes, that's all.

Attachments

• 20240921_105636.jpg
    20240921_105636.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240921_110055.jpg
    20240921_110055.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
There was only one person selling Custom Aquaria tanks, but those who know who that is. Know how good his tanks are.
I took the opportunity to upgrade the mantids tank, so I'll do a journal for that soon.

I am already back home.
Alot of people and very busy. Lots of retailers there. Biggest was TMC stand.
George was there aswell and said hello.
My old Area Manager was there from MA Bolton. Awkward but was OK.

A few scapers are there with Horizon Aquatics which was lovely.
Horizons stand looks great. And the ADA style Heaven & Earth stand looked very very nice.

Tbh didn't take many pix as far too much crowding around and the 'Ism did not like that.

There are a few vloggers wandering about so there should be some good footage online soon.

Managed to take pix of the clownfish and snakes, that's all.
Good that it was busy though! Shows there's actually demand for these kind of events.

Been there the goodie bags I got, and the best one was from Horizon, had a little bottle of Moss glue which I have used for the plants for the mantids tank.

Oh and for kids there is a stand giving our lots of plush hats and masks colouring books etc.

Good that it was busy though! Shows there's actually demand for these kind of events.
Yes it can only get better from here, as it was positively received and everyone was having fun.
The biggest queue was for the TMC spin the wheel lucky dip.
They had ran out of goodies by 11:15 so had to go grab more.

I don't think any of the retailers expected that many people to be queueing before the event started. I got there 1015 and 4 deep loop already, with more people arriving.

Sunday morning was pretty quiet. Id say there were maybe 20-30 vendors in total, so it was a little small ( which I can totally respect considering it's the first one), and I'd say the best display was Zoomed's 'paludarium' in one of their Lowboy tanks, which surprised me as they are obviously mostly a reptile supply company!

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-22 at 10.38.10.jpeg

I picked up a print from Cheryl Bowyer who had some lovely designs available. I had asked about the betta painting but unfortunately it was out of my price range for the day. Also it was nice to see MJ hanging out at the Horizon stand!

Here's the print I bought:

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-22 at 10.50.31.jpeg

Overall a nice morning event for me, I stayed for less than an hour as I felt I'd seen everything. Luckily it was only half an hour down the road for me but I think I feel a bit bad for people who traveled much further afield ( Unless they were mainly interested in marine stuff, of which I'd say was the majority of vendors).

Back