• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael ultramax or Oase Biomaster external filter

I found my problem, the hose were little under pressure. Can't believe that this can cause so much air in the filter. Now he is dead silent.

Got an ultramax 2000 last week to replace two 20 year old eheim 2217s. So not much time to give an accurate description of it. Was very easy to set up, quietest external filter i have ever heard and takes a crazy amount of filter media. Only thing that i think could be improved are the standard intake/outflow attachments that come with it, they just aint very pretty to look at lol

Got the Aquael Ultramax 2000 last year; won't prime after just 2 months of use, still waiting for customer service solution...never again. Plus the flow wasn't better than my 1250l/h Eheim. Even worse; they now made an v3.0 version of it with 19/25mm hoses instead of the traditionnal 16/22mm.

My advice? Go for something with good customer service and good availability of the parts like Eheim, Jbl or Oase. ;)
I second that. Crap product. Crap customer service.

The Aquael Ultramax 2000 might interest me after seeing a couple of videos on it but it is not available in the US, the US Aquael distributor does not even list Aquael products on its website.

The Aquael Ultramax 2000 might interest me after seeing a couple of videos on it but it is not available in the US, the US Aquael distributor does not even list Aquael products on its website.
Yeap well careful. Those videos you see can be deceiving. There are many accounts from people with that model having issues. I am sure some people are happy with it but overall my experience is bad. Very disappointed. I honestly wish I could say otherwise though. Between, the noise and the much lower than expect flow you will be better off going for an Oase. Obviously it's more expensive but at least you get something trustworthy and probably a much better customer service. Aquael if you read me, time to wake up.

Yeap well careful. Those videos you see can be deceiving. There are many accounts from people with that model having issues. I am sure some people are happy with it but overall my experience is bad. Very disappointed. I honestly wish I could say otherwise though. Between, the noise and the much lower than expect flow you will be better off going for an Oase. Obviously it's more expensive but at least you get something trustworthy and probably a much better customer service. Aquael if you read me, time to wake up.
Hi, about the OASE biomaster 850, do you have it? How is the working noise? it is possible to measure it?
I leave in calm area all noises make me crazy :p. I have one eheim 2275.
For me it will be one of the decisive factor.
Maybe using a phone app at 20cm distance from filter.

thanks

I just contact OASE and they recognize that some filters had an issue, allowing air to hose's system. They also said that is already solved.
true or not I don't know....

This mesure is not accurate, i know, because it depend on phone microphone sensibility.
Anyway my room is more silent than yours :p
I don't have an OASE 850 I was planning to buy it, my current filter is eheim 2275 (prof 4 600).
My room with no filter close to aquarium: 28db
With filter, open, cabinet, and phone at 15cm 34db
With filter, close cabinet, and phone at 15cm 33db.

Hi, about the OASE biomaster 850, do you have it? How is the working noise? it is possible to measure it?
I leave in calm area all noises make me crazy :p. I have one eheim 2275.
For me it will be one of the decisive factor.
Maybe using a phone app at 20cm distance from filter.

thanks
No I don't have that Oase but the Aquale Ultramax is driving me crazy. I have measure 50 db at ~20 cm. For a new filter that claims to be very silent, that's far from being silent. Here you go.

Old thread but seems a fair bit of slanging towards seemingly specific issues.

Had my ultramax 2000 for 18 months it’s very quiet huge capacity and amazing flow rate. Water been super clean for months with no cleaning other than the neat top pre filter like oase has that’s easy to clean.

Impeller was broken when I received it and they sent 2 new ones within a week.

Downside is no heater still yet, they sell an external one for around 50£ which would solve that mind.

Last edited:
Back