• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have experience with these super fish retro conversion t8 to led lights?

I have a fluval roma 200 with the twin t8 unit, I've got the fluval superglo t8s in the unit. It's a low tech tank with crypts,fern and sessiflora. I've had hygrophila in the past but it withered away even with dosing ferts. The sessiflora is leggy and the crypts have next to None growth. The bulbs are about 7-8 months old so probably near their end. The question is I don't/cant fork out for a hefty light and I'm not looking to have an open tank to have a fluval plant etc .. I've seen these super fish retro fit bright which it says it's geared more towards plants I've had a look and the parcel it gives is higher than it's counter parts. Obviously par would drop from light to substrate. Any have any experience with them? This is the link Superfish Retro LED Bright (T8 & JT5)
Just wondering if using then two LEDs would be better or stronger than the t8s or run them in conjunction with the t8s and have two t8s and two LEDs?
Appreciate any feedback,
Craig

Back