• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have ebay trouble?

I've had countless problems with eBay vendors over the years - don't use it that much these days - but I've hardly ever lost out. The dispute process is heavily waited against the seller, so all you have to do as a buyer is make sure you pay via PayPal and follow that process. Must admit though it can still be a mighty PITA in terms of wasted time and disappointment...

I haven't heard a single word from the seller although he or she has 98% satisfaction rating on eBay.
Yep, I guess there might be plenty of ways to be rated as a top seller being a thief
Don't mean there are no good chinese eBay sellers of course but, as mentioned, for me it is only for cheap stuff. In a recent post, someone was asking for light recommendations. I mentioned that sometimes even the most classy stuff (for example, ADA Aquasky 361 costs around 150-200€) is not that expensive compared to chinese copies (Aquasky Chihiros 361 is 100€ not including shipping, this probably 120€)... you are saving around 50€ but if the light do not arrive or it is broken the day after at least you can have your money back without any problem. For larger models the difference is huge but... you still have the risk of paying 250€+ to who? for what? in which conditions?

Jordi

Yep, I guess there might be plenty of ways to be rated as a top seller being a thief
Jordi

Maybe lost in translation? It is very hard to be rated as a top seller. It relies on customers clicking on those stars. For me to have TRS status any negatives or neutral feedback or poor ratings when you click your stars means I am very close to losing top rated seller status. You have to be over 4.8 out of 5 on the stars to keep it. So it is impossible for a 'thief' to get TRS. A lot of 'non positives' would need a vast amount of positives to retain TRS status.

I have 1841 positive and 1 neutral from my 1842 feedbacks. No negatives. That 1 neutral annoys me :)

That is one reason they managed to con everybody into doing free postage. As a seller it is a no brainer. If we offer free postage then it stops the buyer from being able to rate the postage charge. It also stops people from charging silly postage to make their money without paying ebay fees.

The main problem has always been that if something costs me £2.50 to post I will charge £3.00 postage to cover the jiffy bag and the percentage paypal take of it. The problem before the free postage was that a very high percentage (higher than 50%) would look at the postage charge and if it was more than the stamp they would put a low mark for postage cost on their feedback which was a killer. Now that it is 'free postage' I will add £3.30 to the item cost.

So you don't pay any postage charge now..........you pay £3.30 more for the item.............and if you want more than 1 item you pay the 'free postage' for every item. The buyer loses out.

As to the OPs problem. Ebay is a nightmare for sellers when people are scamming. In your case you have a valid problem and this will be pretty straight forward. If it is not to do with the controller and the item has a problem then you will be able to get the seller to refund you the return postage as well. Paypal will automatically do it all. You open a case in the resolution centre if he doesn't reply to you, then just follow the procedure and you'll get what you paid plus your return postage.

Maybe lost in translation? It is very hard to be rated as a top seller. It relies on customers clicking on those stars.
Apologies for this statement that sounds too hard... Probably due to a mixture of fast typing and non accurate translation from Spanish to English (I guess it sounds harder in English). I also recognize I don't have the knowledge you have regarding ebay ratings and operations, but what really amazes me is that people reporting bad experiences here and in other forum (and especially items purchased from China, and more specifically with lily pies and LEDs) have bought from sellers that were not that bad rated. It seems obvious that if I am going to buy something and I found myself with a very bad rating, I will avoid this seller... Thus this makes me think that some bad sellers seem to have managed somehow to hide under good ratings.

Jordi

A Chinese seller may sell cheap and nasty stuff but most people add feedback very soon after receiving an item. Most of the stuff the chinese sell is fine out of the box so people leave positive feedback. If it breaks or falls apart a month later you have already left your feedback.

ADA - if you paid from a CC card through paypal (i.e. not from a balance) then it could take a few days more but you will get refunded. Do it through ebay though. The seller will be made to play ball.

After more emails finally got refunded today
Result. But all seems mighty suspicious that they so easily accepted the lights back with no quibble...Good luck on postage.

Back