• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone growing Bucephalandra Kishii a.k.a Skeleton King?

Sarpijk

Hi all,
I have been fascinated with this Buce ( both the green and black version) since the first time I saw them online.

When the opportunity rose three years ago I couldn't resist and ordered them from a Reddit seller in the States.
I immediately placed both in my paludarium but they kinda melt because the A/C was blowing on them.

Before it was too late , a few months ago I placed them in a small closed terrarium setup. The substrate is by Aquaforest and I occasionally spray with RO water and a mild orchid fertiliser. What you see in the pictures has been growing since last September.
The dark type on the top seems happier than the green type bottom of the pic.
I might also add that previously these were growing in a similar setup but I had to move them because I used too much Osmocote and burnt the plants.

Now my question is, do I move the relatively healthy Achilles dark back to the paludarium or do I wait for it to produce off shoots? They grow very slowly!

Also I can't understand how these beauties are not readily available in Europe while in both the U.S and Japan they seem much easier to source!

TEwOsm2.jpg

bNleYHt.jpg
OIWoktS.jpg

I immediately placed both in my paludarium but they kinda melt because the A/C was blowing on them.

Before it was too late , a few months ago I placed them in a small closed terrarium setup.
Here's how they arrived from the States in perfect shape despite the overseas journey that was back in 2021!
It's possible that their journey did to a degree take it's toll and weakened them, it looks from the photo that they had already dropped a few leaves, it wouldn't be until they started growing some new ones along with new roots that you would be back in business.
Now my question is, do I move the relatively healthy Achilles dark back to the paludarium or do I wait for it to produce off shoots? They grow very slowly!
As long as they are provided pretty much with optimum conditions I can't see a problem wherever you grow them.
Also I can't understand how these beauties are not readily available in Europe
Me neither!

Back