• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone else play guitar or anything else?

i play guitar have done since i was about 10 so 20+ years of it now. Though i'm no where near as good as I used to be just don't seem to have the time to practice these days that I once had loosing alot of muscle memory in the old fingers.

I used to play drums, then learnt bass and a few years ago got into guitar, but in the last 3 years havnt touched it so keen to get back into it. Cant remember 3 chords though.

Going to be using the Justin Guitar method again.

I used to play guitar really badly in one band, and bass not so badly in another band. Absolutely hated being on stage.

I used to collect odd instruments too, and used to enjoy getting a tune out of anything, accordions, melodica's, uke's, recorders etc etc.

Most I play now is the kids toys, favourite at the moment is something called a saxoflute, a segmented plastic toy with a few holes in that you can change where the holes are and the shape. Managed to play along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on it the other day.

My dad used to be in jazz bands when younger playing all sorts, especially Alto Sax, when he retired he decided to learn the piano. Now he's in his mid 70s he goes to Goldsmiths college in New Cross, their oldest student, studying blues piano.

I saw him at the bus stop after college the other day waiting to get the bus home. I stopped to offer him a lift but he was embarrassed as he was with all his mates.

Almost finished my first guitar build, my first attempt at guitar building!
An Irish tenor ....
32" overall with a 19" scale, semi fretted fingerboard, 32mm wide at the nut (very slim) laminated neck , mahogany & maple, red ceda sound board. Tuned in GDAE with nylon strings, floating bridge ... Sounds ok but starting on mark two very soon

image-34.jpg

I have played piano, drums, guitar and uke on and off since i was 6. But after my band disolved, becouse everybody got kids and stuff, I've just played a bit on guitar and uke when I got the time.

Got an Ibanez UEW30 uke, Ibanez RG-series electric guitar, Crafter EA65C halv-cut electric/acoustic guitar, BC Rich V-guitar (can't remember the model) and a homemade uke my dad made in the 90's. My next guitar, when I got the cash, will probably be a Fender Stratocaster with Slash's special pickups :D

[quote="BC Rich V-guitar (can't remember the model) [/quote]

I have one of them too, a ***ahem*** 'Bitch'.

Bought it when I was 17, looked like a right Wally with it.

Now that's patience. Beautiful.^^

Ha Ha thanks Lindy, but actually I am better at building them than playing them for a start & my spelling can be atrocious.
However my mate can pay it pretty well.... we are banjo & 6 string players really but Clem can play most things within a few minutes...

You're making these archtops?! Last visit I had to Mr luthier/tech he was showing me the mandolins he had made. I was in awe at the way he was able to bend wood for the sides of the guitars body, but building an archtop is a huge leap beyond that! You're one talented craftsmen, sir.

Back