• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angel Delight :)

Loving the layout, think I will do something similar the next scape I do :thumbup:

what camera are you using for the pics? :)

Using the trusty iPhone for most of the photos, not great I know :(

Latest FTS.
Running on liquid carbon at the mo, until I can get my gas filled up, hopefully Friday :)

F4200933-756F-4102-8DE8-1626C1C09A88-527-0000003D50D8C658_zps938dc786.jpg

Did you manage to complete your reactors jojo? I finally have my second JBLe1501 now so will be trying to find time soon to put my two togetger:) hopefully

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Did you manage to complete your reactors jojo? I finally have my second JBLe1501 now so will be trying to find time soon to put my two togetger:) hopefully

No I haven't yet. I have all the bits here, I just need to get my gas refilled, borrow a drill bit that is big enough for the bulkheads, and get my finger out and do it!

Similar at my house;) now I have my 2nd new filter I need to strip down the tank to remove the existing fluval which came with the tank ad it's drilled:-S fair bit of work to do and will need a whole day without any assistance from my 5 yr old;) this is just to get the matching filters and spray bars in nevermind the cO2 being sorted, dreading doing the temp stripdown. Will be changing the substrate too for moler clay

Thanks everyone :) any ideas what I could do to tidy up the left hand side? Looks messy to me :(

Just stumbled across this journal and its making me think of ways in which I can get a 5 or 6 foot tank in my house without the wife noticing......... I am very jealous, you have a great selection of plants all of which look to be doing very well, I personally dont think you need to do anything to the left hand side.

I have a question, you started off with play sand on cat litter substrate, but now it looks like you have something else mixed in or is that the substrate coming to the top? also is the play sand ok for plants or do you need to add in lots of root tabs?

great job

Thanks for your nice comments :) it was certainly a challenge getting my other half to agree to a larger tank, but worth it in the end! I'm now trying to sneak in smaller additional shrimp tanks, with varying levels of success!

The plants are most certainly growing well. Rarely have to remove any because they are unhealthy, a few browning leaves occasionally, easily removed.

Regarding he substrate, it's still cat litter capped with play sand. Works very well for me, but yes the cat litter is coming up over the sand, where I keep uprooting and moving about plants. Not so much of a problem, looks quite nice in places. I should have used more sand to make the cap deeper, but I can add that at any point in the future without too much disturbance. Plants root in it very well, no problems there!

I have a dilemma.
I may be moving house, and the house that I might be moving into doesn't have concrete floors. I will be on the first floor, but I would be able to put the tank somewhere on the ground floor, but then I wouldn't see it! Even the ground floor isn't concrete, it's joists, and I don't know if then it would be secure.

So, do I 'gulp' sell it and get a smaller one, or I could store it in a garage, or I could fill it and keep it in the garage (possible breeding project) or just put it in the house on the ground floor and make regular visits.

Agreed with big clown, place it across the joists you will have no problems just think of it like a bath you can fill one of them to the brim and it wont go through the floor :)

Yep I agree with Big clown and sa80mark, just like a bath, but I suppose it also depends on how big the room is and where you put it, its likely that you are going to put it against a wall where the joists are strongest just make sure its across them as stated above.

Yep confirmed. Moving house. NOT looking forward to moving the tank.

So it's all going to be torn down :( and then re-planted.

Does give me the opportunity to put more substrate in, as its a bit shallow.

Any ideas for a new layout? Will be selling some of the plants too, the vallis on the left is most definitely going!

This the the most recent picture:

88A71B69-FDEF-41BB-B1C0-A23B15EB4D6D-1401-000000F45710C96F_zpsed6b8d83.jpg

So, alas, Angel Delight has come to an end. Tank has been sold (for a nice profit he heh after all my hard work) and I'm picking up a new one tomorrow fingers crossed. A rio 240, but smaller, less of a pain to reach the substrate, and my filters will actually fit in the cupboards, maybe even the CO2 as well. Onwards an upwards. It was emotional.

Journal is now closed :)

Back