• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape And Help!!

Apart from the visual thing, your substrate depth may frustrate you when trying to plant. Maybe use what you have all in that back left corner and do epiphytes elsewhere to give you more to plant into? Not sure that back wall toward the right is going to be much use to you
Forgot to address this, sorry 😔
I dug most of the fluval stratum back up last night and added this tropica substrate that was to be complemented under gravel. It seems to have increased the height and does wonders for the plants in my other tanks.
Attached a file of the scape with quick markup to dictate where the plants will go.
Blue - background say heteranthera zosterfolia
Red - epiphytes like trident java fern or anubias
Purple - foreground thinking crypts and this echinodorus like plant I have
Green - kinda anticipated this, never grew a carpet before as they melted, probably due to the negligence on my part not paying attention to the growing conditions!! But I think I have a bit more experience now so I might make a mixed carpet, which is what I'm trying to do. Eleocharis near the foreground maybe? Mariselia hirutsa (don't know the spelling 😛) or something like that towards the front OR maybe a carpet of java moss (seen the how to article in the forum, + riccia).
Just checked dept at back around 2 inches where it heads out to a gradient of an inch towards the front and right corner.
In my opinion I think the tank is too small for a full blown co2 system so I might make those DIY yeast ones. Sorry for not mentioning 😬 @richardcunliffe

Attachments

• 17239206278007005550074594654039 (1).jpg
    17239206278007005550074594654039 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Thinking about this pack along with H.zosterfolia and echinodorus like plant I have

Looks like you are making good progress 😊 I personally find this hobby sometimes frustrating trying to problem solve and work out everything.

Then when it’s all done and you can finally admire what you have created it’s the best thing ever and there are no regrets 😃

Back