• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amino larvae

So one of my Amano just let go of the larvae. I’ve read they need to be in salt water to grow. I have a spare set up - a 20 litre dennerle with heat and filter. Is there a quick way I can set up something to keep them alive? What would I need to buy to add to the water or is there something in the kitchen I could use?

So one of my Amano just let go of the larvae. I’ve read they need to be in salt water to grow. I have a spare set up - a 20 litre dennerle with heat and filter. Is there a quick way I can set up something to keep them alive? What would I need to buy to add to the water or is there something in the kitchen I could use?
Raising amano larvae is something you cannot improvise. It needs careful planning. Your salt water tank should be set up a good 3-4 weeks in advance prior the female even releases her larvae as you need the tank to have grown proper amounts of phytoplankton. Even then the survival rate is usually low consdering how many larvae are released by the female. If I was you I wouldn't bother. If you have fish in the tank they will happily have a go on those larvae anyway.

Back