• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algea Issues With My Nano Tank

cyilmaz

Hello,

I have a nano 27lt tank. It has 8,5w led lightning and 1 bubble of CO2 for 1 sec. I have shrimp, otocinclus and ember tetra. I have 2 kind of algea shown in the photos. Any ideas how can i get rid of them.
Tezza-7547.JPG
Tezza-7528.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG
View attachment DSC_6251.JPG

I'm not sure from the photograph but it looks like it would not be too difficult to remove the wood from the tank and carefully clean it up with a small wire brush in the kitchen sink.
This tank is high tech and it looks like you have BBA on your filter outflow are you keeping up with your weekly water changes and routine tank/filter maintenance?
Cheers!

Your tank looks 99 % well. That BBA is a minor issue, and beside that, quite difficult to solve.
I wouldn't disturb your good 99 per cent because of that.
On another note which may or may not be connected: It seems you're trimming your Eleocharis. While doing that, these damaged plants release organic compounds like sugars and proteins. There's a suspicion that BBA likes exactly that.

I have a nano 27lt tank. It has 8,5w led lightning and 1 bubble of CO2 for 1 sec. I have shrimp, otocinclus and ember tetra. I have 2 kind of algea shown in the photos. Any ideas how can i get rid of them.
Looks like a lot of flow for such a small tank. Between the filter, the pump and the skimmer, it must be a hurricane in there.
My advise, reduce flow as it is a contributing factor for BBA development and keep your maintenance up to par.
To remove BBA and what seems to be cladophora you can do a spot treatment with hydrogen peroxide when you do your maintenance and the wood is exposed to the air. Leave H2O2 for 5 minutes then fill back your tank. That should take care of it. BBA will turn white in the upcoming days and shrimps/fish will eat it. Cladophora is easier to remove manually with tweezers or a toothbrush. If you see any growing remove it asap.

Looks like the solution to your problem is on its way :D
Unfortunately once that snail gets there, he will proceed to a u-turn. I don't know any snails that really eats BBA with great passion. This said there is one fish who will with great enthusiasm and that is the crossocheilus reticulatus aka the silver flying fox.

Back