• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae ID please!

highgrade86

Please help me id this algae. Is it just green dust algae? It only really gets bad on the dragon stone, wood and on the Buce . It rubs off easily.
038d57744c05e485a27318ef263cab73.jpg
0b70da91f25c8d6018b5eb0937eec256.jpg
c4849f54abe626a099fafaed88746a9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

It does, but it doesn't have the characteristics of cyanobacteria. It's not sheet like and doesn't come off in larger pieces; instead, it turns to dust when rubbed. I have also dosed ultra life blue green stain remover twice just in case without any effect.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

I think I had the same Algae in my tank last year or 2, I purchased some stuff to treat cyanobacteria but it didn’t work as expected (at all), like what you said, you touch it and it breaks down, and is very easy to move most of it away.
Although I can’t fully remember what I done at the time to correct the problem, other than a couple of extra water changes and siphoning the water from the affected areas, it eventually went away on its own and to date hasn’t returned.
Sorry I know this probably isn’t much help but hopefully a couple of extra water changes can clear it up for you.
All the best.

Back