• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae and sealant

idris

Any tips on removing algae from tank sealant?
The tank has been dry for a couple of weeks, I've tried H2O2, Milton, and Scotchbrite. Nothing is shifting it and I don't want to risk damaging the sealant.

I know its a pain this. You could ask Huttons aquatic sealant specalists or Dow Corning both on line experts in this rather than risk damaging your seals

Soft tooth brush.. :) George farmer has a very nice maintenance video roaming around. Where you see him do an all over tank clean session.. A little search and you'll find it if intrested. Also those little cheap brushes used to apply glue, these have a bit tougher/harder hairs than paint brush, are also very good to use.. If you take a flat brush you can gently bend it in an angle to make difficult corners easier to reach. :)

Oh ps, i read the tank is empty, chlorine will remove algae very good, but still need a soft brush to get in between glass and kit if there is any algae between.

Last edited:
If Scotchbrite won't shoft it iIdon't imagine a soft tooth brush will shift it, but I'll search out Goerge's video.
In the meantime I've sent ND (ho made the tank) an email.

Back