• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African Rivers

Hi,
happy to hear that you like these pic !!! I have to go on sunday to that same place (we ride dirt bike there) I will take pic of the river border for you !!
do you know the name of the guy who export these fish from Congo ? I may know him lol
Ah yes just to inform you that my killi unfortunately jump out of the tank I found it on the floor al ready dead ..........

Regards

I have never seen the first one !!!! it's a beautiful fish. years ago I was going to a ornamental congolese fish exporter and I have never seen this fish !! or maybe more black and brown but with blue never !!
the second one i have already see it !!
cheers mate

You don't see them here much either. Occasionally Microctenopoma ansorgii is on offer but I have not come across M. fasciolatum or M. nanum before in a shop. I have a small group of M. ansorgii and one M. nanum which the LFS had received a 'contaminant' in a shipment of M. ansorgii. So I really hope my order from the Congo arrives ok next week. I don't know the name of the actual supplier, the order comes through a friend of mine who has deals with someone over there. You have some really interesting and unusual fish over there.

M. nanum;
20130112_165746-1.jpg

M. ansorgii;
20121223_145608-21.jpg

Hi Zanguli,
This fish is definitely M. ansorgii, the same fish as my picture above. It can change its colours from dark brown to orange & black stripes as in your photo. They do not eat plants and love to hang around plant cover. Really lovely fish, among my very favourite.
If I ever come to Congo I will let you know hehe. Likewise if you ever come to to the UK... bring me some fish:lol:

Ahahaha yes i hope that if someone of ukaps come to Congo he will let you know. If one day I come to uk for sure I will let you know you and ukaps member like that I can meet some of you guys. And this can be possible because my cousin is living in London !!

when you guys are suffering of cold time we are suffering of hot weather I am now in my car and there is 40 degre Celsius !! I don't understand why with the tapatalk 2 I cannot put pic ???????
Cheers

Hi
I am in Boma now 470 km from Kinshasa at 80 km from the ocean. A friend of us ask if we wanted to go fishing barracuda on Saturday and Sunday go to fish in the mangrove. I was really exited to do that like that I could take pic of the end of Congo river and the habitat of the Congolese mangrove and share it with you guys. But unfortunately I forgot that on Saturday and Sunday I have a dirt bike race in Kinshasa !!! So have to go back today in Kinshasa !! Maybe an other time.
I am a bit disappointed because it could be great experience and a nice report for ukaps.
Well I ll ask my friend to take pic of the mangrove.
Ah and next time I come to Boma so in two weeks I will go in the mayombe forest to fish macro shrimp for my dad ! They live in small river in the forest !!! Hope I will stick to that program and share it with you.

Take care guys
Zanguli

Hello members long time since I have made an update.
I went to my mother place, she is the founder and the president of a sanctuary of chimp (bonobos) and there is a small river passing there so I took some shots.
I also encourage you if you have time to visite her web site to know more about bonobo that is endemic to Congo.
Page d’accueil - Lola Ya Bonobo

ydu8ahyd.jpg

6yhamumy.jpg

neqatevu.jpg

edype2yg.jpg

One of three pond of the sanctuary

ytedy7yj.jpg

Cheers and please visit her web site

A Sunday on the river :)

2yru6ary.jpg

vypesedu.jpg

vajyteve.jpg

sady8e2a.jpg

da9a5u4y.jpg

ebasavys.jpg

Going back to town in boat
mu9uja3y.jpg

myba6uma.jpg

They were a lot of big group of nanochromis but it was impossible to capture them with the iPhone due to reflection on the water. I have seen more than 10 group of 50 fish.

Cheers

An other day on the river.
I wanted to take pic of fishes and other but we arrive in sand island at 1 pm and a huge storm arrive at 3 pm so we had to go. Here are some shot I did when we did a ride on the jet ski with my wife.

a6ygavun.jpg

7utepahe.jpg

The holes you can see in the sand wall are all bird nest.

ajutaseh.jpg

rumegyzu.jpg

hy5e2yha.jpg

egy6upa3.jpg

Tomorrow is an off day in Congo we have to go on the river for the day so I ll take pic of how we are fishing without fishing line. Just by pulling floating plants that are stuck on the border of the sand island

Cheers guys

Hi guys here is a link of a video of Lufimi river. A friend of mine and a group of person are swimming with a go pro on his head. If you want to see how look an African river from the inside you must watch this. They are doing a 8 min journey by swimming in this black water river !! Very nice video.

If the like doesn't work just write "Lufimi river" on YouTube and its the first video.

Let me know how do you like it guys

Cheers

Great video, crazy friends....looks dangerous! :)

haha yes crazy friends !! we are a crazy group of friend here who love nature !!
you must be a good swimmer to do that. And i told him that ! the same day they had a problem with a girl that have been stuck because of a piece of wood in the water. but he manage to pull off her from that wood !! I have seen the video and it's quite stressing !!

But now at least you have a clear idea of an african river from the inside lol

Hi Sanj

I would love to do that !! But doing it alone is not very funny haha. When I was 12 years old a friend and I were doing that on the Nsele river. I think at the start of this thread there are some pic of this river.
I think it would be a good idea to do that again.

Which pic are you asking for mate ??
The last two post are on the Congo river in front of Kinshasa !

Cheers

Back