• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice scaping deep aquarium

Yes, sounds good. I just added a giant Java fern to my tank. If you get one in a pot, what I've found is that hiding the roots and more importantly, the rhyzome in a hole doesn't work as well as exposing them to the flow in the tank. Java ferns roots are like hairy trails that catch stuff floating about in the tank, and I have a feeling this helps them take in nutrients from alot of rubbish and fish food we have rotting and floating about in our tanks.
If you'd like to have the fern where that hole is, it could be best to buy it already on a piece of wood so you can jam this wood into the hole tightly and bunch a few rocks around it or cover with sand. Sounds like not the ideal way, but it works so well and I've just done exactly that :)
5c08a07d-cc3b-9224.jpg

I know you've ordered plants but pop into Pets at home and take a look at their attached java ferns. I've seen these in a number of different shops anywhere between £7 and £25.
Gluing the anubias around the base of this would look nice. Pay attention to which way the new shoots are growing when you glue them down.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work :)

Gavin

Attachments

• 5c08a07d-cc3b-9224.jpg
    5c08a07d-cc3b-9224.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 89
Back