• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice please.....

bigmel

Haveing beat the Algae (touch wood) the only problem in my tank now is the amount of fines (floating bits) in the water .
Gravel is hoovered twice a week , filter cleaned the same and 2 x 30 % water changes .

Haveing 4 clown plecs in there don,t help i think as they create some mess with chomping on the wood .

The fine bits get caught in the jave moss causeing poor flow around the moss and this was where the algae was growing .
The tank is a package deal fluval roma 240 ltr with the pre drilled tank and the 305 external filter . I feed algae wafers at night and 2x feeds of the tetra micro pellets in the day so it isn,t messy food .

Personally i think its the filter , i don,t like the inlet and outlet in the same corner so perhaps i need a add on filter .

It all would be acceptable to me clarity wise and the tetras and other fish are doing great , its just that i do like the jave moss in there and the bits keep getting trapped every few days .

Back