• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice needed: lights for 150cm/60" tank

Costa

Hi folks

After spending the week between Christmas and New Year researching the various LED lighting options for my tank (60" in length, 20" deep), I find myself in dire need of advice.

I would like to get a LED light fixture with 6500K, dimmable, and ideally also moonlight feature.

For the size of the tank I guess I will be needing at least 6-7 thousand lumens, which means one or two units, which in turn translates to £600+.

So I really need your advice, which light fixture would you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards the Finnex brand but it's well above my budget (been looking at some prices north of £900 on eBay).

Thank you in advance
Costa

Yes I currently use floodlights but would like something more powerful with better light distribution. I found that the lumens given out of led lights are much less than what I currently have (2 flood lights, 4500K, 4000 lumens each).

Thank you for the link, though (Joey should stay away from planted tanks IMO).

Costa

Back