• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice for problem with CO2 mixer please?

Notator

Hi, I have a CO2 mixer on the return feed to my tank. It is the sort with a chamber fed by water returning to the tank from the external filter that drives a paddle and has a CO2 feed at the top.
( like this )
The problem is that despite having two CO2 non-return valves installed when the CO2 is off water travels up into the CO2 feed pipe - it doesn't reach the non-return valves because I increased the length of CO2 tubing and put in a couple of loops... But surely when the CO2 goes off water shouldn't be able to push its way up the feed tubing...should it??
Any advice would be warmly appreciated!

Hi, water will push back up the co2 tubing due to the pressure inside the reactor chamber, as there is no pressure coming from the co2 to stop this as its off but should stop at the non return valves. If its getting past these then the valves are faulty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh, thanks Alatair, that makes sense - and no- it's not going past the non-returns - in fact it isn't getting as far back as them. It is just that I have about a metre of clear CO2 tubing looped up and one loop always fills with water overnight. Next morning when the gas comes on it "blows out" again.

Cheers Alastair, feel reassured now!

Back