• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adventures of a Trigon 190 - a Beginners Tale

Newbiefromhell

Seedling
Hi All,

so here i am NewbieFromHell, a short story :)

I have a trigon 190 that has been standing for a long time (3 years) with no maintainance light or even filter turned on, this was while it was partially being decomissioned all fish removed most plants only a couple of shrimp left that i couldn't get.

anyway so 3 years on and i have decieded to start again for various reasons(missus split up, her and kids moved out long boring story), moved the tank into my front room.

was amazed to find during the moving process that
a) there were alive plants in there
b) the shrimp will still going strong

so anywho, over the last week i have been doing water changes and washing out the filter media on a daily basis to get out the "gunk" i'm suprised so also report the levels all apear pretty good as well.

My test kits were old though so i'm going to get some today and will put in the parameters later today.

so on to my plan, i want an aquascaped tank of bueaty to take pride of place in my recently re decorated living room... I have no idea about aquascaping so this will be a warts an all account of a NewbieFromHell (see what i did with the name there :p )

any who all advice is greatfully receieved as i've been out of this game for a LONG time and am not sure whats good bad or indifferent now

Back