• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adaptor for Co2 tube into filter pipe

Jamie McGrath

I have a Sera 1000 reactor, during cleaning the nipple that connects the Co2 pipe, has snapped off. I have reglued the nipple back on and fitted an inline Co2 connecter so I dont need to disconnect the Co2 tube during cleaning. Guess what it has snapped off again and its not re attachable now and im making a right mess of things. I think the best solution would be to just inject the co2 straighrt into the pipe that feeds water from the filter into the reactor. I also plan to seal up the hole in the reactor with glue. My question is, is there such and adaptor and where can these be purchased? My Co2 and fillter pipes are the standard sizes!

Aqua Medic makes these. They're called reducing t-pieces. Availability depends on your location.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7m1KIB23bIVy1-2z_LMiyUAuf-6oBzx3x-k0PBs-vezplMNnmHw.jpg

Watch out, the small piece snaps off easily if you're not being gentle.

Aqua Medic makes these. They're called reducing t-pieces. Availability depends on your location.

View attachment 79475
Watch out, the small piece snaps off easily if you're not being gentle.
thanks for the reply, that bloody small piece is the thing that snapps off with me, ive broken so many glass diffusers!

Back