• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA (or other) gravel/sand matching these rocks?

UllavL

Hi,
I'm debating which gravel/sand to use together with my rocks. For plant substrate I'll be using ADA Aqua Soil Amazonica but I would like some sand or gravel as décor. I try to find a sand or gravel which looks natural against my rocks but it's really hard to know which to chose just by looking on pictures on the internet. I'm leaning towards either ADA Nile or ADA Mekong sand. My stones are grey/white with areas of red/lilac colouring. When wet the white areas look a little more yellow/brown.

Does anyone have and experience with Nile/Mekong and have any advice to give?
Wet rocks under yellowish light:
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4735/JdtZmo.jpg

Thanks!
ulla

Can't you just use amazonia soil all the way? What do the stones look like against your soil?

Ah I see, look up the denarle scapers tank, the substrate they are using in those is light fine and looks realy good. Sorry im not sure what it is called or if you can buy it separately, but it sound like that's the type of thing you may like.

Back