• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini M & D.I.Y cabinet build.

Re: ADA Mini M

Really looks good, especially like the adjustable feet for levelling, great idea.
Now you just need to get the tank on it and the scape going!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hey,

Thanks ady, yeah like i said in message its a good feature with rimless tanks full to the brim. If anyone is interested, rather than conventional kitchen unit legs which are between 136mm and 175mm, these are Shower tray legs.
Which are very sturdy and adjustable between 63mm and 100mm.

Cant wait for rescape :)

Regards,

Pretty Impressed with the overall results;
Pics are appalling quality, as I used the 'HDR' Setting on my iPhone.
Otherwise the light overpowers photo, meaning you cant see the cabinet.

8d2b9a4e.jpg

90cacb2b.jpg

ae61a152.jpg

tim said:
nice cabinet fancy building me an L shaped one to house 2 tanks ! mind you fuel cost with the drive up from london might not be cost effective lol good job lookin forward to your rescape :thumbup:

Hey tim,

Thanks very much.
Ha that would be a good challenge! But yes, petrol/diesel is fast becoming liquid gold.

Im going to begin a cabinet for my 60x40x40 soon! Similar ADA style. So will journal that, might help out a bit.

Regards,

d5cde999-1985-f7c7.jpg

Kinda guess its too late 'arry! ;)
Rescaped it sunday night. Smashed the dragon stone to better pieces.

Think the Stauro and HC look well. The roots of the Pogostemon erectus were desperate for a thin out, they are still behind the rock but cut right back.

Also some rotala sp. Red is cut back to increase density/ bushiness.

Will update in a couple of weeks :)

Little-AL said:
Like that a lot! Tank looks great and love the work you have don on the cabinet! Fair play 8)

Hey AL,
Thanks very much for your kind words.
New layout needs tweaking I think. Ever so slightly.

Regards

Hey chris,
Thanks very much. Am I right in thinking your having problem with Stauro yourself?

Just playing around with 'instagram' on my iPhone and edited the photo, got this with the Lo-fi setting;

568b1a59-ce65-3982.jpg

Regards

ianho said:
looking good mate, you certainly have the 'knack' for growing plants.
+1 to that, stauro looks amazing and HC too :D .
Wheres your 60p Journal Nathaniel? ;)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Whitey89 said:
Hey chris,
Thanks very much. Am I right in thinking your having problem with Stauro yourself?

Just playing around with 'instagram' on my iPhone and edited the photo, got this with the Lo-fi setting;

568b1a59-ce65-3982.jpg

Regards

Hi Nat, No mate. I used to have a few issues with Stauro not growing but now Im dosing EI salts its doing really well.

Re: ADA Mini M & D.I.Y cabinet build.

Right guys, any roots on these Stauro by the way and size on this HC carpet ha!

027a2325-d62a-33c1.jpg

027a2325-d843-71dd.jpg

All going in bin because, I kind of half neglected tank while I scaped my other and HC was covered in Staghorn Algae.

Almost got this tank stripped down now ready for the low tech riverbed scape I plan for some RCS /RBS coming soon.

Will be making a Journal so keep your eyes peeled :)

Back