• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60p non CO2 ver 2.0 new wood

plantbrain

Expert
19f6b8a6.jpg

Then I'll add the stainless steel mesh:
1190bdaa.jpg

Then after a week or so of soaking:
add to this tank

resizedADA60p.jpg

Most dyi stores do sell the mesh, I've used it to grow mosses and plants, but great idea to use them also to cover a tank so that fish don't jump.

I will be looking forward to this tank development for sure.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

Looks exciting PB, great wood can't wait to see how you get on with it!

Im definitely subscribing to this one !!! Looks like its gonna be awesome Tom.

Definitely looks exciting.

You always have the best gnarled wood. Would love a mini version of that for my 20l!

ghostsword said:
Most dyi stores do sell the mesh, I've used it to grow mosses and plants, but great idea to use them also to cover a tank so that fish don't jump.

I will be looking forward to this tank development for sure.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

It should be interesting and easier to tend than trying to make a nano stick twiggy matrix.

I can snip the mesh easily also and make different shapes 3D.etc...........moss topiary etc..........I'm anti topiary however........

The goal was to have a self supporting structure with thicker older feel.
The other part of the goal was to have complete access to glass all the way around the tank and to have the wood stand in the middle and the growth would emanate from there........this way the water would flow in a circular ideal pattern.

The problem with this type of tank is the surface turbulence is GREATLY reduced due to the plants and growth.
This will provide the nice look, and easy care, and I can remove the mesh and service it, then return it later.
Sort of a "mesh" pot

This will provide the nice look, and easy care, and I can remove the mesh and service it, then return it later.
Sort of a "mesh" pot

Yes, that is a good idea.. And easy to take out, replace or renew with new plants. I like the use of mesh for that. :) I have been using bonsai mesh, in plastic, as it is lighter than aluminium and easier to work with, but this one retains the shape. Just remember to file the sharp areas after cutting it, it does nasty scratches.

Another great idea Tom.

Back