• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A pump to fit inside a 25 litre drum for water changes?

t.doyle

As above,

Anyone know of a pump that will inside a 25 litre drum but have a pump head greater than 1.5m? there are many like the tunze mini, hydor pico etc.. but they only pump to about 50cm. Which is useless as I need to go from the floor to the top of the tank.

If anyone else has some genius plan of making water changes easy, that would be great!

my other half does all her water changes with a 10 ltr bucket she dosent use a pump she is thinking of getting a long hose to empty
the water straight out of the door or a window but saying that most of our water changes come straight of the cold tap through the HMA
filter

As above,

Anyone know of a pump that will inside a 25 litre drum but have a pump head greater than 1.5m? there are many like the tunze mini, hydor pico etc.. but they only pump to about 50cm. Which is useless as I need to go from the floor to the top of the tank.

If anyone else has some genius plan of making water changes easy, that would be great!

I use a New-Jet 1200 and it does the job fine. £23.95 from Charterhouse Aquatics.

I was going to ask the same question !
I use a newjet 1200 and have tried a maxijet 750. No problem pumping from floor into my tank 1.45m, so I am sure would go higher, but it doesn't fit into my 25l water carriers, nor will it work with a hose attached to the inlet. Seems unable to suck the air out of the tube, even if I immerse it with a hose on it won't work, so I end up pouring water into a bucket and it pumps it into the tank. It works but only a matter of time before I kick the bucket over or something.
I will be interested to see what answers you get.

Can you not put the water into a 5gall fermenting bin then the pump in there. London Dragon also came up with diy water change ideas worth looking into.

did no one check out the link that i put up it would work ideal
Oi6h1LC.jpg

Back