• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A pretty random shot of the moss found at my local woods.

Image was taken outside I would say, looks like some good use of PS and either lens or gaussian blur with perhaps a brush hardness set at about 10% the blend the white to the greenery and make it look like DOF?

I am either close or as far away as possible from the real answer lol

Nice,
in the woods with white background added after would be my guess......now can we have a 'pretty random shot of the moss found at your in house aquarium' , please :D :angelic: :snaphappy:, im missing your updates Mark.

Some prety good Guesses.

I went to coolect the moss, and photographed it at home using a lighting tent. A pretty awesome bit of kit to have.

8590457180_a5e3078751_b.jpg
light-tent by saintly's pics, on Flickr

It's given me a new lease of life, something to expand on. Not just the aquatic side of photography, but the natural history side. recreating nature, but indoors. It does excite me actually.

8590457050_1a58299dc7_b.jpg
moss-tent-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Not a hundred per cent but is that an otto on the back glass halfway down the image on the right ?
not unless it can breath out of water mate :)

Hey Mark, this look awesome. So you build now an emerse wonder at home? ;)

Thanks Viktor. Certainly a new line of photography i'd like to follow up. Even getting into vivariums could be cool.

looks like some good use of PS and either lens or gaussian blur with perhaps a brush hardness set at about 10% the blend the white to the greenery and make it look like DOF?

No mate, just my trusty 135mm f2 @ F2
In the woods. And it's a great photo mate. Thanks for sharing. :)

At home, but can you imagine the shots you could get taking the kit down to the woods. Ive thought about it for sometime now. Buying an external battery unit to power the lighting.

Good pic mark!
cheers Ian

Nature at its best! Great capture :thumbup:

cheers Paulo
Nice,
in the woods with white background added after would be my guess......now can we have a 'pretty random shot of the moss found at your in house aquarium' , please :D :angelic: :snaphappy:, im missing your updates Mark.

soon mate. after a tidy up.

Cheers Aron. I've added the blue in PS. I find PS pretty handy sometimes to see how something could look, if you added the 'real thing' such as a graduated blue background. but for convenience, it's easier to add in PS.

For my FTS' i tend not to use PS too much. Colour correction and thats about it. (you cant realy on a DSLR for acurate colour rendition i'm afraid)

here's a pic of the 120cm. no water change in maybe 4 months now?...very little ferts.

the tank is 80% moss now lol

8591168238_51e9cccdab_b.jpg
moss-tastic by saintly's pics, on Flickr
wow, is that at water change time or is the moss now really that close to the surface???.....therell be no room for the fish before long....FTS? :angelic:

Thats how close the moss is to the surface Ad. It's not had a water change in over 4 months. The water is imaculate! To get this tank in any kind of order, i'll have to be pretty heavy handed with the snips. :wideyed:

Mark.. it is people like you that drive the hobby forward.. new ways of looking at a nature, ensuring that everything is always challenged, and keeping us in our toes.. it is hard to keep up with you mate.. :)

Please keep the wonder alive.. and one day.. get a book out.. this sort of stuff cannot be kept just in the forum..

Back