• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
ian, sorry just reading through your last post above you switched so the diffuser runs into the filter for better diffusion just you said you moved it from the outlet to the outlet (i get confused as to which is which) does that give you less mist in the tank ? looking great this is mate. your little lads massive he towers over the tank :lol:
Cheers Tim, sorry, typo, I have moved the diffuser back to the outflow. Once the filter was getting clogged, there was noticeably less pearling and some bba on the crypt parva. Moving it back has resolved this problem.

Love those corys mate. Me and westy saw some in a local shop to us and they looked fantastic but with a dark substrate you'd never see them. They look great in contrast to your sdubstrate and that right side shot and top shot of the tank are fantastic. Haven't been on for a couple of weeks and looks even better now.

Thanks Al, yes they wouldn't be much fun on aqua soil, as you wouldn't see em much.

Tank looks great mate. Re-designing my cabinets so was looking at yours for tips. lol.

Keep an eye on those Corys. Being line bred they tend to be less hardy. If you see any 'grey' patches on them especially around the face then you need to get on top of it quick or they end up with massive holes in their heads. Keep an eye on the Otos too. Don't know why but they tend to like to have a taste of their skin sometimes!!!!

Andy

Hi Andy, thank you, and cheers for the advice. The cabinet was so easy to put together, pity I haven't kept the instructions as I would have brought them up for you. It's a dead simple design, give me a shout if you want any pics of the cabinet at any angle.

Instructions :) The picture did the job. Already finished my plans and MDF ordered :) Little different to yours but was just the top bar that I was looking at above the door :)

Yours looks really cool mate.

Hi Ian - this is beautiful. The sense of scale is brilliant - it looks like a much bigger tank in the pic above :clap: Those venezuelan corys are a very nice addition too, attracting the viewers attention without taking anything away from the scape.

Tony

Hi Ian - this is beautiful. The sense of scale is brilliant - it looks like a much bigger tank in the pic above :clap: Those venezuelan corys are a very nice addition too, attracting the viewers attention without taking anything away from the scape.

Tony

Thanks tony, means a lot. The corys are great and I'm sure you'll love them as well. Corys are under used in aquascapes IMO. Some can suit an aquascape IMO.

Reactions: tim
Great photos mate! Could you share what are you camera's white-balance settings? I can't seem to get mine right. Anything above 4200k is too yellow and anything below that is too blue!

Especially the dwarf species!

Love this scap Ian :) As everyone has said, the sense of depth is impressive to say the least.

Thank you Steve, it's made easier by the tank being 45cm deep. Thanks again!

Great photos mate! Could you share what are you camera's white-balance settings? I can't seem to get mine right. Anything above 4200k is too yellow and anything below that is too blue!

Thanks flygja, I must admit that some of the pics do look blue, and I do use the AWB on the camera. I have tried the 5200k on the wb, but things came out to yellow for me. So, I do stick with AWB, then just run it through 'snap seed' on the ipad, if it needs altering.

Have added a echinodorus horemanii red at the back also, IMO it just finishes the scape of nicely. Will get some pics later.

Hi,
looking stunning Ian, gotta love the echinodorus, it will suit well....rip up your hc and bet some tenellus :eek: :D
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hey ian, as the other have said the tank looks way bigger than it is. In that picture it looks like my old 90x75, very smart mate.
This has grown in so nicely, wish i had half of your moss skills.
Hope you all had a good time at tropica.

Cheers Iain, the moss has done well, I can't praise the 1-2 moss enough, starts a little yellow, but soon colours up.the tropica trip was good, the nursery is the thing of dreams!

Wow wow wow

Thank you ff!

Hi,
looking stunning Ian, gotta love the echinodorus, it will suit well....rip up your hc and bet some tenellus :eek: :D
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks ady, will get a couple of pics of the echinodorus later. It's a stunning little plant.

Water change day today, still using 100% ro water and just adding ferts. The tds is rising over the week by around 50 ?ppm?

8632369796_4e01ce1f81.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

There appears to be an unknown shrimp walking around in the tank, god knows where he came from or what he is.

8632369728_c55bc94028.jpg

Here's the echinodorus heoremanii red, I'm unsure whether it'll be in the final shot, but I love this plant.

8632369922_bafe095148.jpg

Looks like a Wild Cherry, i have a few of them in amongst mine. And again a Stunning tank Ian.

Cheers gill, having looked I tend to agree. It is more black that anything else. I'm remaining it a black wild cherry shrimp or Neocaridina heteropoda var holdich.

haha looks like the shrimp we get in south african rivers

You'll have to send some over!

This scape looks better and better everyday. I like the natural look of the tank and when it is fully grown and the carpet become more wider it will be even better! ;)

This scape looks better and better everyday. I like the natural look of the tank and when it is fully grown and the carpet become more wider it will be even better! ;)

Thanks mate! It's the expensive c02 I'm using, I got it imported from France!

Managed to get some bucephalandra from Alan, who sells the rare plants. Have been after some of this stuff for ages! Here's some pics...
Sangau
8635505074_a6c38177b4.jpg

And sinatang

8635505148_6d981d4878.jpg

8635504968_4931e99294.jpg

Back