• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
they are gorgeous mate, never seen them before. Really nice addition. Jealous much!

Thanks Iain, they are becoming a little more common now. I know a couple of others on here have them.

Lovely little fish corries, they really stand out against your tana sand, really nice fish selection to compliment another top scape, nice mate.

Cheers Tim, well chuffed with them. They look ace schooling about.

Gotta love corries and those are amazing :) never seen those before either ;) video time!!

Haha! You don't need to ask me twice mate, will get some footage on Sunday.

Pic overload time (sorry)... Had some time this afternoon to mess around with the camera. I thought I'd so a proper update as I haven't really done a proper update from different angles.

Right side of tank, there has been some melt right at the back, I have turned the gas up a little and we'll see what happens.
8595270995_984025f377.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Left side
8595271077_e60b1affc7.jpg

8595270757_ccee523cc9.jpg

The corys schooling
8595270655_54cf393a0a.jpg

The bolbitis pearling, gonna have to trim this soon as its getting a little over crowded with bolbitis.
8595271179_c13493f9f1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ian, one word ,Stunning.
The black corys really stand out,never seen them before. I love watching my schooling Panda's going about their business,wicked little fish.
Keep it up mate, a real inspiration.
Cheers
Martin

Loving the moss in this tank!! Those black corys are cool as hell :cool: :cool:

Thanks dave! The corys are great little things, great to watch.

Ian, one word ,Stunning.
The black corys really stand out,never seen them before. I love watching my schooling Panda's going about their business,wicked little fish.
Keep it up mate, a real inspiration.
Cheers
Martin

Thank you Martin! Just thinking if I'd used soil I probs wouldn't have seen them!

That looks fantastic Ian!

Cheers hydrophyte!

Looking great Ian, love those corries :) :thumbup:

Thank you Paulo, you'll have to treat yourself when you get your new tank.

That's it. You've just inspired me to get two of those LED tiles for my 120cm.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, you'll have to have em suspended quite low for a 120, but they'll work we'll. they're a nice colour rendition as well.

Thanks mark!

I have changed a couple of things in the last week. I have removed the alternanthera mini at the back as it just wasn't getting tall enough. I have added some bacopa compacta as that gets a little bigger. I have also swapped the inline diffuser back to the outlet, I noticed a massive drop in diffusion having it on the outlet.

Herers a few pics...
The new bacopa
8609908923_ebd4521ab4.jpg

The dogs new fave place!

8609909245_3e2b8de6be.jpg

And the fish being fed tonight.
8609909501_d18e2bb46d.jpg

ian, sorry just reading through your last post above you switched so the diffuser runs into the filter for better diffusion just you said you moved it from the outlet to the outlet (i get confused as to which is which) does that give you less mist in the tank ? looking great this is mate. your little lads massive he towers over the tank :lol:

Love those corys mate. Me and westy saw some in a local shop to us and they looked fantastic but with a dark substrate you'd never see them. They look great in contrast to your sdubstrate and that right side shot and top shot of the tank are fantastic. Haven't been on for a couple of weeks and looks even better now.

Tank looks great mate. Re-designing my cabinets so was looking at yours for tips. lol.

Keep an eye on those Corys. Being line bred they tend to be less hardy. If you see any 'grey' patches on them especially around the face then you need to get on top of it quick or they end up with massive holes in their heads. Keep an eye on the Otos too. Don't know why but they tend to like to have a taste of their skin sometimes!!!!

Andy

Back