• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Sick bike alastair, do you do any dirt jumps or tricks?, I used to have this lkgMiau.jpg Nice solid bmx.

Loved bmx'ing when i was younger, we used to do everything from grind rails and make big dirt jumps hollowed in the middle so you were screwed if you didnt make it lol, I got that bike 10 years ago when i was 15 i think, only had it for a few years until it got nicked out of my garage,and my brothers bike aswell:mad: !

Alistair,

I would also be interested in some of that ground cover... tennelus/Sag...somthing else??

My breeding tanks use a lot of dwarf Sag and under low light (<10-15 PAR), the plant stays only a couple of inches, but you are saying yours is not that so another low tech rampant plant would be great.

My pleasure mate pm me your addy with how much you want and ill send some over to you Sanj.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Sick bike alastair, do you do any dirt jumps or tricks?, I used to have this lkgMiau.jpg Nice solid bmx.

Loved bmx'ing when i was younger, we used to do everything from grind rails and make big dirt jumps hollowed in the middle so you were screwed if you didnt make it lol, I got that bike 10 years ago when i was 15 i think, only had it for a few years until it got nicked out of my garage,and my brothers bike aswell:mad: !

Cheers mate. Yeah I do jumps and tricks, just getting used to the feel of this one first as its a heavier bike. Made from cromolloy so pretty indestructible. Rare now too. Not used to such big travel forks this time round though.

One of the guys I ride with is a keen photographer so hoping he can get me in a few air shots. Its more a free ride so mainly big drops and jumps but it can easily handle some big dirt jumps

Ill not be getting this pinched. It will only leave the house when its a group ride or car drive to a trail. I took it to the shop the other day and caught a few glancing eyes...

Ive had a bike stolen years back and was devestated so know the feeling.

Wow! Great pics and I love the shrimp pic of them grazing... Really nice mate :)

Thanks gary. Glad you like it mate. Will be happier once samsung have replaced the camera so the quality of pictures are better.

I over loaded the tank with kettapa leaves last night and love the tea stained look its given today. The fish seem happier too

tank looks great mate must be hard to drag ur self away

Dean

Cheers mate. Yeah I do jumps and tricks, just getting used to the feel of this one first as its a heavier bike. Made from cromolloy so pretty indestructible. Rare now too. Not used to such big travel forks this time round though.

One of the guys I ride with is a keen photographer so hoping he can get me in a few air shots. Its more a free ride so mainly big drops and jumps but it can easily handle some big dirt jumps

Ill not be getting this pinched. It will only leave the house when its a group ride or car drive to a trail. I took it to the shop the other day and caught a few glancing eyes...

Ive had a bike stolen years back and was devestated so know the feeling.

I know what you mean, that Huffy i posted was heavier than any bmx i rode before but the quality was worth it , I got used to it pretty quick and I guess i got stronger because it felt like a tank when i first got it, cutting down the handle bar length helps with control and bunny hopping but i dont know if thats the case with downhill bikes ect.

If your mate takes any good pictures post a few here, Would be interesting to see and we wont derail the thread lol

awesome mate! shame half the pics dont load though not sure if flkr is down or your links have broke?

cheers mate.... i havent got a clue why all my photos or most are not showing.

can anyone help as i havent removed them from flickr???

It would take me forever to work out what they are and re link them......

my flickr photos on the forums ive posted are no longer showing yet are still on flickr. has anyone got any ideas whats happened???

Ive not been on for a while so heres a couple of pics for a quick update.
the tank is doing fantastic, pretty much looks after itself i just do 2 ten percent changes a week and occasionally dose.
excuse the bare area to the right i removed a piece of wood from it so the carpet can grow through it

two licorice gourami flashing off to one another. the colours are amazing on them now. not sure if this is breeding behaviour byt ive never seen them like this in the two years ive had them.
9460772590_bc841f77b0_b.jpg
[/url]

bumble bee shrimp
9460765270_41b0af3cba_b.jpg
[/url]

a few tank shots
9460760580_baaf8d4924_b.jpg
[/url]
9460755412_c5735d9d74_b.jpg
[/url]
9460751782_a2a3c12936_b.jpg
[/url]

and a quick vid shot on my phone. pardon the shaking the pooch was nudging me. best played in 720 or 1080.

Your tank has inspired me to try chocos again, might get a mix a liquorice as well next month.

Absolutely stunning. I've currently just started a lowtech aquascape and had loads of help of bigtom and alot of info and help by reading both of your journals so thank you both for sharing, but i wish i didnt fill the tank full like i have as its going to be a pain to plant the carpet plants. How do all the fish get along as I'm thinking of having cardinals, panda Corys, fork tail rainbow fish, shrimps, ottos, and maybe a pair of gourami as you have similar fish.

Can't wait to see those crypts to spread in front of the wood. It'll make for a lovely transition between the carpet and the wood.

Any news?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Yep sorry ali ive not been too good for the last few weeks so havent updated and have been a little deflated from the problem with flickr and my loss of pics from all this journal and my chocolate puddle.
Ill take some photos now and get them uploaded.

Im also just in the process of setting up a tmc signature set for my cbs to improve the survival rate of babies 45x45x45cm and charcoal black cabinet :D

Ah good stuff. Shame about the shrimplets, are they getting eaten or what? I moved house on the 29th and am itching to set up my tmc, Rosie (the Mrs) is trying hard to convince me to have just shrimp in it. Her idea could work as I now have a converted garage that I can use as a fish room (pretty chuffed about that).

Looking forward to update photos and I hope its going well :)

Ah good stuff. Shame about the shrimplets, are they getting eaten or what? I moved house on the 29th and am itching to set up my tmc, Rosie (the Mrs) is trying hard to convince me to have just shrimp in it. Her idea could work as I now have a converted garage that I can use as a fish room (pretty chuffed about that).

Looking forward to update photos and I hope its going well :)

Cheers mate. A few shrimplets from the crs cbs and cherries survive but not to the degree id like them too. Ive got very greedy choccos.... so ill be leaving in a fair few of each and transferring the rest over to the tmc sig when it comes to allow a bigger success rate then I can pop some of the bigger ones back in the big tank as they grow.
I want to add more gouramis to the tank so they're all settled and used to the water for when I go SUPER sized next year but more choccos = less baby shrimp so the bigger colony of shrimps I have for next year the better the tank will look. The gouramis dont bother with the bigger shrimp its just shrimplets.

Back