• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape 90P looking for opinions

Tbone

Seedling
New to these boards but wanted to share my P90 with you all to see what everyone here thought of it??? Love it or hate it, let me know what you think or else how can one improve right...

Also, sorry about image quality... not really sure what happened with my camera...

FTS (without all the extra gear in tank)
001 FTS.jpg

FTS (with all the gear)
002 FTS full gear.jpg

And below are some pics of my buce collection that are in the above tank...

Bucephalandra Var. Sky Blue Mini
003 Sky Blue Mini.jpg

Bucephalandra Var. Shine Blue
004 Shine Blue.jpg

Bucephalandra Var. Brownie Ghost
005 Brownie Ghost 2.jpg

Bucephalandra Var. Brownie Ghost
005 Brownie Ghost.jpg

Bucephalandra Var. Metallica Blue
006 Blue Metallica.jpg

Looks really good to me,but it’s funny sometimes at loss looking at my own tanks yet putting input into others,anyway more wood leaving the water surface? How about breaking the line of the reds at the back with a bright green stem/plant?about a third in.

Thanks for the feedback so far, it was very much appreciated...

Looks really good to me,but it’s funny sometimes at loss looking at my own tanks yet putting input into others,anyway more wood leaving the water surface? How about breaking the line of the reds at the back with a bright green stem/plant?about a third in.

Its funny you say that coz as this tank evolved over time in my search for more blue coloured buce var. its ended up quite red...

So im now kind of waiting for my buce to take off so i can really see how to work with the reds in the two back corners... maybe with some large buce in green possibly...

Nice scape Tbone. Which plants do you have in there?

So buce var. are listed below, other than those there is:

-Crypt Var. Prava
-Crypt Var. Walkeri
-Alternanthera Reineckii "mini"
-Anubias
-Lobelia Cardinalis
-One unknown buce var.
-And alsothe mass of red plant in the middle back of tank i cant remember the name of lol...

Really nice! If you wanted to evolve it you could maybe build the height on either side to get more of a U shape.
Looks great as is though.

With this tank i decided to keep a lower profile with the scape as i have 2 other tanks, one is more of a messy jungle 60G (on going project) and the other is a tank for 3 freshwater eels... so for this one wanted to keep it low profile as previous 2 renditions of this tank had high profiles :)

impressive reds in there!

Thanks, the reds were even darker not long ago with stronger light setting, but i was also starting to see a lot more algae growth so had go tune them back a bit...

The leaves on the red patches in the back of the tank are slightly lighter now compared to before but i almost prefer them this colour...

tbone
Love it or hate it, let me know what you think or else how can one improve right..
On the plus side its very colourful well presented photo with out all the hardware..
Is that a plant label I can see?
The way you have the DW it has dived the tank into two sections, above and below the DW.
R0yWN7eXL-YLNO77Y7hWDDxInMqzEvT7bkZpnTuBzTqi-N0CpW.jpg

Here is a tank with plenty of red plants at the rear of the tank note how easy it is to look at plus the substrate levels.

Your Substrate at the front would certainly look better if it had a steady smooth line not like you had run out of substrate.

Keith:wave::wave:

@Keith GH Thanks for the advice... also really like the greens on the side of the tank you showed, although i wanted to do that with some blue buces instead of green if i ever got some to work for me...

Regarding the substrate line in the front, the main reason it looks like that is because the tank has gone through quite a few changes since being setup and the look of the front changed as i started having different aspirations for the tank...

With that said, thanks for pointing it out, coz one of these days i do need to redo parts of the tank to clean up its look, but sadly probably wont happen till i see how each of my buce plants develop enough to be split and replanted for a slight change in scape...

But it will definitely happen one day as im kind of bored of the reinekii...

Anymore feedback would be highly appreciated as im most probably going to fix the front of the tank this weekend since i can't help noticing the flaw after it was pointed out to me... lol...

Tbone

Its been there all the time and your eyes did not want to see it.

I would also remove that long piece of DW then move a few plants around to eliminate that line. Finally let nature work out that line for you.

Tbone

Its been there all the time and your eyes did not want to see it.

I would also remove that long piece of DW then move a few plants around to eliminate that line. Finally let nature work out that line for you.

Thanks for your input @Keith GH

Removing the driftwood would literally require tearing the whole tank down as its actually part of the overall scape from before... what you see now is what happened after i let nature take over lol...

But guess i'll see what happens when i start tearing into the tank tmr, maybe i'll find ways to re-work the wood a bit without doing too much damage...

After a fair bit of work on the tank i’ve somewhat updated the scape and added a lot more buce plants (yes im addicted)...

So this is what it currently looks like till everything grows in a lot more in roughly 6-8 months time im guessing lol...

FTS
0A4B25FB-C01C-4404-BDE5-88ACD013A51C.jpeg

The collection of buce plants:

Brownie Ghost / Sky Blue Mini / Sky Red Mini / unknown buce
B7D968DF-51CA-4CD7-A930-82F148497203.jpeg

Sky Blue Mini / Sky Red Mini / unknown buce
2BD52DE8-EB4D-4664-A2BB-329398A934C6.jpeg

More of the unknown buce’s...
8FCF667E-AD50-4718-B9B1-5DD782FF81A9.jpeg

Shine blue in the front, although its sprouting a red leaf hmmmm... also unknown buce in back, probably wavy green or wavy red?
B440722A-CB20-4AF3-8C9A-06A1CB4A99B1.jpeg

Patch of what im almost sure is Blue Metallica based on what LFS said...
145B78F5-4D49-4C19-9B67-7F05DB6045A2.jpeg

Back