• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm optiwhite journal- new layout page 3

Yep max size of the exclamation point rasboras is only 15 mm still only 85% stocked according to aquarium advisor :thumbup:

I never take any notice of those things anyway, they are rubbish. All this business of "you can only have x number of fish per cm2" really has no place in our hobby, along with test kits and GM fish. Stocking is dependant on so many other things, such as compatibility, available oxygen, available space, appropriateness of environment against the species kept etc. Biological filtration capacity has a bit to do with it too. I think you are on the right page Tim, you are making your decisions based on what works rather than what some boffin TELLS you should work ;)

Totally agree Chris I could probably add another 50 and they would still have plenty of room I won't though ;) only time I see them all is just after lights out they rise to mid level and just sort of hang there cheers for the vote of confidence :thumbup: any progress on your tank decision yet mate that ehiem looks the biz

Totally agree Chris I could probably add another 50 and they would still have plenty of room I won't though ;) only time I see them all is just after lights out they rise to mid level and just sort of hang there cheers for the vote of confidence :thumbup: any progress on your tank decision yet mate that ehiem looks the biz
Hey Tim, thanks. Waiting to hear back from the LFS I bought the Trigon from first. It may be a longish process as I have to get rid of the tanks I already have before I can buy the Eheim (or whatever I go for).

I had 36 Danio Tinwini, 21 Rummynose Tetras, 14 Corydoras, 2 Whiptail catfish, 2 pairs of Pelvicachromis, 2 honey Gouramies, 3 ottocinclus and a pair of Apistogrammas in my (your) Optiwhite shortly before you bought it ;) and they were all happy as Larry.

added a few rilli shrimp yesterday out of six three are berried so fingers crossed babies soon
8335680434_85af0dcfb0.jpg

ahh tim this is interesting, would love some more photos, im doing a 450mm cube rilli shrimp tank fr someone in February so this will good to see run along mine :)

Hi Tim, Rilli's are nice,put 10 in my 180 but I've lost a couple. Might get some for the edge. Keep the pics coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quick update the jet pipes must have improved flow fitted this morning and should have been more aware of changes and co2 an hour or so after lights on corries began shooting up for air and a fair few exclamation points just flopped on their sides looking unconcious no gasping at the surface raised the outlets and carried out water changes and so far major casualties averted one amano shrimp breathing but not moving yet co2 lowered will supplement with liquid carbon untill next weeekend when i can increase co2 and monitor note to self be more aware of making changes and effects on co2

Definitely easier at the weekend when you can monitor it. Upped mine this weekend inline with the addition of the koralia fish seem happy. Corries love swimming in the new current

tanks currently going through diatoms and suffering bba on the dragon stone which im reluctant to dose liquid carbon on too heavily due to the rillis living in there so dosing at recommended dose with a syringe bit at a time its dying off slowly but surely back to waterchange every other day plants seem to be growing in ok quick phone pic looks ok from a distance :lol:
8383472163_3dcd7713f6.jpg

cheers for looking

Hi Tim,not looking too bad mate. Mines got a lot BBA on the edges of the Anubis, sword and on the ferns. Upped the CO2 and turned the lighting down to 1 light for a while. Haven't added any easy carbo though. Is this a good idea ??

Cheers
Martin

Because its on so many different plant edges can I not just dose it into the tank, if so what sort of dose. Is it ok with shrimp ???

I only use manufacturers dose on shrimp tanks think 1 ml per 50 ltrs so 4 ml per day for my tank turn off filters 4 ml in syringe squirt onto bba 5 mins filters back on and ill just work my way round the tank until its gone better results than adding to the tank because of dilution I would imagine

Back