• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm Signature (untitled)

Ben C

Morning all,

So, at long last, I've been able to set up my 60x45x30 TMC signature. I've had to acquire everything I've needed for it over the last three years or so, upgrading my kit from a standard 60x30x30 that I've had for quite some time.

This is a high-tech tank and I am experimenting with sand for the first time - some inspirational tanks on these pages have convinced me to give it a shot. We'll see...!

I set the hardscape up a couple of weeks ago and my plant order arrived from Aquaessentials on Friday. Its planted now - will add photos later. I'm going for a very mixed carpet of the top four plants on the list below, which is something I've wanted to try since successfully growing a beautiful gloss:acicularis carpet about 12 years ago.

IMG_8599_zps5eafmlr9.jpg

IMG_8604_zpsi87zabnm.jpg

Specs:
Signature 60x45x30 (81l) on TMC carbon grey cabinet. (slots cut into end panel with router and 'capped' with desk grommets)
SodaStream CO2 with UP inline Atomiser
Eheim Professionel III filter
gUSH lily pipes
2x 24w T5s in luminaire (possible upgrade to LEDs at the end of this month...)
EI ferts
Heater is in tank at the moment but well hidden so no immediate plans to replace it.
Substrate is FloraBase, Unipac Maui sand and mini landscaping rock (all from AE).

Plant list:
The carpet:
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Vesicularia montagnei (Christmas moss)
Ammania sp. 'bonsai'
Eleocharis acicularis sp. 'mini'

Staurogyne repens
Cryptocoryne willissii
Hydrocotyle verticillata
Rotala wallichii
Cyperus helferi
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Microsorum pteropus 'trident'
Fissidens fontanus

Planted FTS to follow...

Thoughts on livestock would be very gratefully received. In additional to a few Otos and Amano shrimp, I would like a group of small shoaling fish - probably single species rather than community as such. Given the amount of green in the tank, something complimentary would be good - along the lines of cherry barbs, but perhaps a bit more interesting/unusual. Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
any updates on this? one of the first results when I search "signature" and I've got an empty one sat waiting for inspiration :rolleyes:

Back