• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm optiwhite Nature Aquarium setup

update:

I had some difficulties with water parameters ... My tap water is extremely soft ... But after hard efforts I eventually reached desired effect .... Actually I'm still on experiment phase ... I'm using glutaraldehyde twice a day 1ppm ... I love this smelly stuff .. It makes my aquarium shine ... But I noticed some effect on water pH ... Will use more K2CO3/NaHCO3 to buffer ...

I'm using James' re-mineralization recipe. Seachem Equilibrium gives way tooooo much of potassium ... I don't understand why they think it's necessary ..
IMG_0922.JPG

Larger photo

Lovely tank, the twiggy wood look is really nice feature in a lot of the newer journals.

What's the problem with soft water? A lot of people try hard to get soft water!!

I must say I had my doubts at the start of the journal but I'm glad to be proven wrong. It's looking quite good! Is that an extremely long Hydrocotyle verticiliatta (sp?) in the middle?

thanks ... :)
i'm not sure whether this is H. verticillata .. it supposed to be ... I ordered it with hope that it will be small mushroom-like beautiful plant ... but when it came ... I was "what a hell??"... it was huge! when i thought that it was grown not in an aquarium ... and maybe it will become small when it's submersed ... Apparently I was not right ... :(

by the way ... you won't believe ... my harlequin rasboras spawned again ... :)

So true about 3 scapes, all aspects are great. Real beauty, the thin branches are great.

Hi Barturas,

you're tank looks really healthy and those Blyxa are mad in a good way.

Keep the pics coming.

cheers,

GM

Yep,

it's a long time I had not jumped over the sea to check what is going on in UK.... What a pleasure to see such simple and good scape :clap: :thumbup:

barturas said:
IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Blyxa japonica is growing like mad ... this week new plant should arrive ... will try to rescape a bit ...
This version of the scape looks so natural and peaceful. I wish it was still this way. :(

I've got some Staurogyne repens to sell for symbolical price ... Couldn't just ditch it .. If you interested check my ebay listing: {MOD EDIT}

IMG_2102.JPG

Back