• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4 Channel auto doser

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi, I have one and Nuno Matos other!
I have also the 1 channel Grotech (better material).
The jebao is working fine for 1 month or so. The material feels more plastic and not so good finishing details... But is very easy to use and calibrate. A litle bit more noisy, but i believe it does the work. The price is fantastic!
Nuno had to put extra non return valves because small plastic pieces for jointing the tubes let air in (bad plastic finishing). I didn't put any and never lost the flow (i was lucky i think).
I think reef people push more these pumps so they should be last long for planted aquarium (i hope so!). My final impression is that i would by it again without blinking!

Hope that helps,
cheers

Last edited:
I've had one for the last six months on a reef tank, been perfect so far, a few of my mates have got them too with no problems reported. Easy to program, calibrate, they were more expensive when I bought mine but still a total bargain. Fish street's UK warehouse sell a kit for them including a mounting bracket for both the hoses and pump as well as a 3 pot container for the liquid to be dosed (why 3 pots on a 4 head pump?). I'm going to get another for my new planted tank next month after payday. Jebao have also started making a 2 head version as well for £45 + postage

One thing to watch with these are they are only two roller pumps thus can be prone to back flow. They therefore must be used with one way valves to prevent the fluid in the pipe draining back into the bottle when pump is stopped.

Some people have reported issues with one way valves "salting" up on macro solution, but just need to watch.

You can get away with no valves, just store your solutions at same level as outlet. Marine boys do this.

Also put cable tie on all joints as pump pressure can push off the pipes if not careful.

You can get away with no valves, just store your solutions at same level as outlet. Marine boys do this.

Also put cable tie on all joints as pump pressure can push off the pipes if not careful.
This is what I have set up. I use RO tubing pushed on hot so it's rock solid, John Guest push fittings elsewhere

I've had one for the last six months on a reef tank, been perfect so far, a few of my mates have got them too with no problems reported. Easy to program, calibrate, they were more expensive when I bought mine but still a total bargain. Fish street's UK warehouse sell a kit for them including a mounting bracket for both the hoses and pump as well as a 3 pot container for the liquid to be dosed (why 3 pots on a 4 head pump?). I'm going to get another for my new planted tank next month after payday. Jebao have also started making a 2 head version as well for £45 + postage
hey Colin
im looking for a 2head version. can you give me the website to get that cheers

Hi, I have one and Nuno Matos other!
I have also the 1 channel Grotech (better material).
The jebao is working fine for 1 month or so. The material feels more plastic and not so good finishing details... But is very easy to use and calibrate. A litle bit more noisy, but i believe it does the work. The price is fantastic!
Nuno had to put extra non return valves because small plastic pieces for jointing the tubes let air in (bad plastic finishing). I didn't put any and never lost the flow (i was lucky i think).
I think reef people push more these pumps so they should be last long for planted aquarium (i hope so!). My final impression is that i would by it again without blinking!

Hope that helps,
cheers

As Tiago said I had to put 4 TMC Reef Doser non return valves, but I think it's because my thank it's placed higher tan his, also the tube joints wore crappy and I replaced them all, apart from this it's a really nice doser, precise, easy to calibrate, with easy programming :thumbup:

So now no more thinking if I dosed the tank or not, and the dosing is made day after day 1h before lights on and half way of lights time really precise, only check the bottles at maintenance and fill ups ;)

From the number of people mentioning one way valves looks like it is two roller. So either fit one way valves if solution is below outlet level or keep solution at same level as outlet. If you don't the solution in the pipe will run back into the bottle each time the pump turns off.

I had a "proper" peristaltic blow up in my face a few years back, no damage done luckily but pretty scary to say the least. Good advice to stick a tie wrap or circlip etc on the join, they can certainly build a bit of pressure up.

I've heard nothing but praise for all things Jebao, which is why I bought one of their pumps and I'm going to buy a second. In this case though, although a great price, I'd personally be aiming for 4 or at least 3 rollers. Have a search for a pump on its own and DIY one if you feel up to it.

Last edited:
Be aware that air/co2 non return valves are not good for this purpose, I'm using proper Easi Dose Reef Non Return Valves by TMC for this kind of pump, they use gravity to block the fluid, so no big pressure holding, now blow ups and it's more than sufficient to hold on the fluids ...

No problem Tiago ,

A quick shot on my mobile phone :

ae863d7f49c599e85974b96032abda5e.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Back