• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

350 ltr first proper tank... 1st stage of planting!

st.john

This is my new (free old tank - resealed) tank planted up. Early, early day and will get fiddled with big time while the plant grow in. I'm going for jungle sections with open sandy areas and nooks and crannys (which will get added to over time with mossy 'roots' etc). I was going to go for a biotope, but decided against it - maybe next time! It's Co2 injected (5k FE with Co2 art set up), 6 tube H5, Eheim classic filter. All the wires and piping will be blended in over the next few weeks to make it look nicer! It's 2 foot deep which is nice as it gives great depth.
Any thoughts appreciated. (that's a bit of bog wood in the top left that i am trying to sink btw!)
20170208_185603.jpg

She's a beast! How did the resealing go?
it went well mate! left it a week to cure then filled it incrementally over a week (don't want it bursting!), let it sit for a week and then did a proper fill! no leaks, nothing thank god!

it went well mate! left it a week to cure then filled it incrementally over a week (don't want it bursting!), let it sit for a week and then did a proper fill! no leaks, nothing thank god!

Did you mask it up? One panel at a time? I done my 160 last summer and only just got it set up few weeks back. Left it outside filling up with rainwater >_<

I made a hash of it - didn't mask it. However, I cleaned it up real good. The let's say "enthusiastic" side is on the back ;)

Attachments

• 20170204_191418.jpg
    20170204_191418.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
lovely tank mate! i didn't mask it but wish i had - took ages to clean the crap off!

lovely tank mate! i didn't mask it but wish i had - took ages to clean the crap off!

Cheers mate, looking forward to seeing yours. We both started pretty much same time so will be interesting to see progress on both.

yeah! we should have a race to see who can grow the largest of a species of plant!!

Back