• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3000 Liter High Tech Planted Tank

Was the nut hand tightened or did you use a tool? Should only be hand tightened. Having said that, I wouldn’t expect a nut to split in half that way, so I’d suspect material defect or that it was damaged in some way.
I used a tool as that's what I've seen in most tutorials. Yeah I imagine it must have been a defect, but I will message co2art to see what they think.
What a beautiful aquarium. Your hard work has really paid off.
Thank you!
You can contact them via email: support@co2art.co.uk
Will do that!

New lights came in today!
20240614_104302.jpg

Unfortunately I've noticed quite a bit of planaria in there which makes me wonder if I could be seeing a lot more babies if it wasn't for them. I'd prefer to steer away from meds because it'd be impossible te remove all the snails. Has anyone here had success with managing planaria using planaria traps?
Maybe a little late on the show, but I had planaria quite some time in my 120G. My Neocaridina population never thrived, I saw the planaria killing them and their babies.
Containing the planaria boom with traps works like a charm, temporarily :(. But I've managed to kill them with a product called No-Planaria, a some sort of palm extract. The shrimps and ramshorn snails kept alive in the treatment. I did trap the most planaria all 7 days before dosing, to prevent die-off waste. Dosed once, never saw any planaria again :). I dosed again 10 days later to be sure, not sure that was necessary...

To be sure on fore hand, always test it on all live stock species in a quarantine tank, to make sure you don't have any surprises in the display tank.

IMG_2505.jpg

Maybe a little late on the show, but I had planaria quite some time in my 120G. My Neocaridina population never thrived, I saw the planaria killing them and their babies.
Containing the planaria boom with traps works like a charm, temporarily :(. But I've managed to kill them with a product called No-Planaria, a some sort of palm extract. The shrimps and ramshorn snails kept alive in the treatment. I did trap the most planaria all 7 days before dosing, to prevent die-off waste. Dosed once, never saw any planaria again :). I dosed again 10 days later to be sure, not sure that was necessary...

To be sure on fore hand, always test it on all live stock species in a quarantine tank, to make sure you don't have any surprises in the display tank.

View attachment 220233
That is good to know that works with the ramshorn/pond snails! I did end up using 6 grams of fenbendazole and that seems to have done the trick. The shrimp population has definitely been doing better! The fish fry that kept disappearing in their mini tanks haven't disappeared anymore and are growing (I will make an update on these soon).

I am glad to not have to worry about the planaria anymore, they were having a very significant effect.

Anyways, nice tank! Trimming a tank these dimensions is labour intensive , I guess?
Thanks! It's a decent amount of trimming, and I have to get in some awkward positions but it's not too bad. The rock walls on the left/right make the actual planted space much smaller, closer to a 150 cm tank just very deep, but the sloped substrate helps a lot.

And now, featured on MJ Aquascaping channel! 🎉🎉🎇🎇

Starting at min 2:27 👍
Very cool!! I heard he was coming for aquashella and stopping by the aquarium, so I commented to make sure not to miss the planted tank since its very easy to miss. Luckily he saw the last minute comment. I'm happy he liked the tank enough to show it on his channel.

He calls the guy Ryan…
Yeah I don't know where he got Ryan from lol.

Back