• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2nd Filter

Dave Pierce

I have purchased another filter as my Fluval has a rate of just 450LHP (more like 350 realistically). I now have a eheim filter with a rate of 800LHP. I am going to add this as a 2nd filter to my 60cm tank. My question is where should I have my 2nd filter outlet pointing? The same direction as the first one or on the opposite side of the tank?

The picture below shows where the current lily pipe outlet is pointing towards (the co2) but should I put the 2nd one pointing in the opposite direction (i.e. on the other side of the tank pointing towards th drop checker?) Or should I hang it on the same side of the tank, pointing behind the largest piece of wood.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where would be best?

8707561697_935744569a_b.jpg
Neons by DavePierce2013, on Flickr

The picture below shows where the current lily pipe outlet is pointing towards (the co2) but should I put the 2nd one pointing in the opposite direction (i.e. on the other side of the tank pointing towards th drop checker?)
No.

should I hang it on the same side of the tank, pointing behind the largest piece of wood.
Yes.

Cheers,

Back