• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20L Iwagumi Red Rock Canyon.

mi casa

HI all so Tank number 2. After finding some nice copper red stone on a trek round my local garden centre at the weekend i sent my wife off to look round while i played with the stone to fine some nice peaces. No tank at this moment so was just going to get it for the sake of it. then called in at my brothers house on the way home and there it was a small tank in need of some love. So after some bartering it was in the car and on its way home with me. I spent the next few days giving it some love This is what i had at the end of it
CRIM0091_zpsf803c3e1.jpg

Tank size 16x10x12 .20L Fluval 103 External canister 2x 9w interpet clip on light.

Dennerle Nano Deponit Mix
mundane top layer
plant 4 pots of Hemiantus Cuba

CRIM0092_zpsa8ac230c.jpg

CRIM0099_zpsd2bd8752.jpg

Thank you all for liking my photos:) so all up and running now.
image_zpsadc80e74.jpe

El ferts 10ml per day
neuro C02 1.5ml per day as no live stock in as yet
co2 diy mix on 24hrs
50% water change every day before ferts added
2x 9w lights 8hrs.

I love the fluval 103 only cost me £7 it is perfect for this size tank. I would love some feed back on the way i have set the stones out i got my insperation form Red rock canyon in the good old USA. so plz let me know what you all think.:)

Nice inspiration, and its refreshing to see an unusual rock choice :)
One thing i would say is the left most rock may be too close to the glass for easy glass cleaning.
Otherwise will be quite striking once the hc has carpeted :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

HI Ady thank you for your reply when i saw the rock i knew i had to do something with them. i will try and push the left had rock over a smidge when i do a water change this morning. As it's only a small tank i am going to print some sky line photos off and put one at the back off the glass and just play around and see what i can come up with.:) was thinking off one with a hot air ballon in the back ground ?????:)

photo_zps6fcc26cc.jpg

Only cherry shrimp going in this one but going to wait a few weeks so the plants can spread :)

Hi all well not much going on yet i have planted some Hemianthus micranthemoides randomly as this grows taller than the Cube so will try and cut it in to small bushes to try and keep in feel with the original photos of Red Rock Canyon. have put some Purigen in the filter and WOW it look like a glass cube with no water in it "I like it a lot".

photo-1_zps1c28cf03.jpg

Getting a nice colour on my drop checker got to canisters on the go with 1 tsp of yeast in each i change one on a friday and the other on a monday
photo-7_zps2c4f9580.jpg

Just been to my LFS and chris the man gave me a secondhand TMC co2 reg and refillable canister for FREE so this will be going on this tank soon as i get it filled. I must have my mojo going on today.:)

Reactions: tim
Just been to get my co2 filled so all up and running now there is no on off so have set it at 1 bubble every 5 seconds as it is only 20l will keep an eye on the drop checker and adjust it if needed.

photo-9_zps8944626b.jpg

Not bad for free:)

:( THE WIFE said i have to move this tank as our cat keeps drinking from it and sits there flicking the water everywhere so back off to my LFS again to get some longer filter hose and move it up to the top landing so it is still on view for every one to see:)

All done looks even better in this spot don't you just hate it when your other half is always right:lol:

Well 2 and a half weeks in got some new glass ware of ebay for my co2 and every thing is growing well the cuba is sending runners out all over the place and the micranthemoides is to so all good so far
photo-10_zpsf2452661.jpg

was just playing around with different backings.

our cat keeps drinking from it and sits there flicking the water everywhere
Just get a lid for it, problem solved ;) tank coming along nicely :thumbup:

Back