• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20l - Forgotten Ancient

Hi Raptorendame! Your scape is beautiful! Our next build will be a shrimp tank. We have read about shrimp being sensitive to environment changes, are your shrimp showing any type of reaction to the fertilizer dosing? Do you dose straight into the tank or dilute it with top up/change water? Would you mind if we follow along and inundate you with newbie questions?

Hi Raptorendame! Your scape is beautiful! Our next build will be a shrimp tank. We have read about shrimp being sensitive to environment changes, are your shrimp showing any type of reaction to the fertilizer dosing? Do you dose straight into the tank or dilute it with top up/change water? Would you mind if we follow along and inundate you with newbie questions?

Hey - sorry, I was very busy the last few days and am catching u with everything right now.
I was worried about the shrimps reacting to the Liquid Carbonate, but could not see any change in behavior due to the fertilizers. They are all carrying eggs right now, so I assume that they all feel well :)

I dose straight into the tank (I try to put it where the current is strongest) and didn'T have any problems so far). Change water is primed with Dennerle Water Conditioner before it goes into the tank. If you got any questions feel free to ask me - although this is my first shrimp tank and there are ppl with much more experience. But I'll try to do my best!

Aaaand for the rest, here's the current status of the 20l tank:

C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg

C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg

C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg

Assuming the weather allows it, I'll go get my 150l tank tomorrow. If the roads are still icy, I will wait until tuesday though ..
The 150l will probably get a different thread, not sure yet, I also still don't have all the stuff I need (LED is still not bought, Co2 needs to be bought ...)

:)

Attachments

• C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 88
  • C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 103
  • C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 91
  • C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 85
  • C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    C1qHYemXUAE9g0N.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 92
  • C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 91
  • C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 85
  • C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 90
  • C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 93
  • C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    C1qHYejXcAADGLn.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 94
  • C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 90
  • C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 86
  • C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 86
  • C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 88
  • C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    C1qHYeuXEAAPRIC.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for asking!

I just cleaned my filter today and took a few picture. Had some shrimp carrying eggs, but no fry so far. I read that it sometimes takes sometime, so I'm looking forward to see some baby shrimp in the feature :)

That's the current status of the tank:

C3V-YUGWcAET-Mq.jpg

I am very very happy with how the tank looks.

For the 150 - it's in place and Iordered ADA Malaysa Soil today. Sadly my brand new Kessil A160W Sun arrived with some sort of defect and I had to send it in for repair :( I'll probably start planting end of february.

Back