• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2 weeks away,fert dosing?

MARKCOUSINS

I have to leave my tank for 2 weeks and have been EI dosing for the last 10 months.I have someone coming round 3 times in the 2 weeks to feed the fish could i leave out some ferts to add to the tank and if so how much?I was planning to drop the lighting period from 8 to 6 hours and reduce co2 running time.Hope you guys could give me some advice.Cheers Mark

Thanks Ian i wished you lived near me so i could hire you to build one for me :lol: to tough for a diy thickie like me.Hoping someone can give me an answer to dose 3 times on not at all cheers mark

I would be more concerned about keeping the tank topped up than dosing, personally I just get someone to feed the fish 3 x a week & forget the ferts.
Dropping the light period 0r even better the intensity & keep the feeding down because there wont be any water changes. The tank should be fine.

Thanks foxfish for the answer hope the tank will be algae free when i return after 2 weeks its a well planted 450l tank(HC,hairgrass,rotala,ludwiga...etc)Cheers mark

Was following this on my watched thread.
Was everything ok once you had returned Mark?
I ask as I'm going away for two weeks as well.

Yes it was pretty much ok.A bit of a trim needed.Tiny bit of algae caused by plant growth restricting flow i think.Drop lighting make sure co2 is more than enough and make sure to leave water for top ups.I left alot for 2 weeks but my partners brother needed the lot,next time i would leave more you lose a hell of a lot through evapouration.Cheers mark

Back