• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1963 Beatles

foxfish

The Beatles played in Guernsey exactly 60 years ago today.
So in honour of the fab four, there was an amazing tribute band playing the same set tonight and even at the same venue.
Lots of interesting facts about the original gig were told to the large audience, originally they only played 9 songs and were only on stage for 24 minutes!
Tonights band played the same 9 songs, only two of which I have heard before!
However the Beatles did release 32 songs in 1963, so the band played all the 32 as their set.
It was actually raining at the start, it seemed pretty dangerous to be playing at all, luckily it did clear up after 10 minutes …..
Wonderfull experience, really set the imagination back in time, there were in fact several people in the crowd that were there 60 years ago!
The weather was particularly unseasonal, it looked like touch and go for a time however, it all came good and it was great see so many folk attending regardless of the drizzle.
We were almost first there!

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9080.jpeg
    IMG_9080.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9082.jpeg
    IMG_9082.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9085.jpeg
    IMG_9085.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9090.jpeg
    IMG_9090.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 61
I love the Beatles… here is one of my favorites from the tail end of their monumental run…

…told you so, all I want is you!
Everything has got to be just like you want it to…

Cheers,
Michael

Tastes Like Music You Tube ,Jason reviews best albums of 1963 and has the debut album Please Please Me as the best of the year sand there are some surprisingly good albums that year he concludes Roy Orbison, Aretha Franklin ,Sam Cooke among them,,

Back