• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

16/19mm clear PVC filter pipe?

Franks

Hi all,

Just bought this filter pipe as my LFS was out of stock of the regular 16/22 I buy. While it looks strong enough, it's perhaps a little more prone to kinking and perhaps being a bit too thin? It's not exactly pressurized so should be okay and it's sold as food grade/Aquarium use too.

Has anyone else run this spec of hose before. I guess I'm after some reassurance with pumping hundreds of litres around it per hour!

Thanks

Hi,
I imagine it will be absolutely fine as long as all connections are up to standard. I've used clear thinner wall tube many times before, even on a 2180 with no problems, and obviously be aware when routing to avoid kinks, these will help JBL AntiKink .
Cheers!

Aside from possibly kinking the other issue is whether your filter can clamp onto it tightly enough.
I’ve not needed to try it but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work too well on my Biomaster. Let us know how you get on though, and remember, we like pictures. :)

Back