• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

15 UK applicants (IAPLC)

mikeappleby said:
The hi res photos are now quite easy to see (better quality than the Facebook ones):

http://www.adana.co.jp/iaplc2012/en/top200vote/

This is the one I'd like most in my house

041.jpg

amazing!
Just cast my votes...wow that was tough to choose only three.
Mike, i agree with you, that scape is awesome, and the capture is perfect to me with the fish all in exactly the right places. There is something for everyone within it somewhere, it ticks all the boxes and i just dont get bored of looking at it. Its just an incredible example of what can be achieved....amazing.

Ady34 said:
mikeappleby said:
The hi res photos are now quite easy to see (better quality than the Facebook ones):

http://www.adana.co.jp/iaplc2012/en/top200vote/

This is the one I'd like most in my house

041.jpg

amazing!
Just cast my votes...wow that was tough to choose only three.
Mike, i agree with you, that scape is awesome, and the capture is perfect to me with the fish all in exactly the right places. There is something for everyone within it somewhere, it ticks all the boxes and i just dont get bored of looking at it. Its just an incredible example of what can be achieved....amazing.

I wholeheartly second that motion...there is no denying the skill and attention to detail involved in creating that scape, however, personally I find the path through the off central vista thingy a little over used and tired. But then again I wouldn't say no to a custom rescape :D

Troi said:
I wholeheartly second that motion...there is no denying the skill and attention to detail involved in creating that scape, however, personally I find the path through the off central vista thingy a little over used and tired. But then again I wouldn't say no to a custom rescape :D
yeah, i know what you mean, there are a lot of repeated ideas in many of the scapes...much like the upright tree stumps etc, i forgave this on as it was executed so well, wasnt a garish white sand which made it a little more plausible, and everything else was also so good. That and the fact that the pathway will most likely only be there to show the scapers ability to use it in adding a great sense of depth ticking that box as well as the exceptional plant health box, detailed plant trimming techniques, great plant species choices, plant colours used to highlight brighter and more shaded areas etc etc etc....love the fish choices too, the pencilfish are cool, and theres even a couple of my favoured marbled hatchetets sitting up there in the canopy (as there are too in another scape i like a lot in the top 200 ;) ) Theres a nice shoal of fish, and some statement fish in the form of Denisonii barbs too. Shrimp box also ticked, blah blah blah, sorry for going on...i do like this one..... :lol:
Custom rescape would be nice :)
Ady.

Wow...I had no idea there were so many criteria, thanks for the insight, there certainly seems more to this competition malarkey than meets the eye, but then again if it was that simple everyone would be doing it. I'd be interested to know more. Can you point me in the right direction, are there any links etc that you recommend?

Troi said:
Wow...I had no idea there were so many criteria, thanks for the insight, there certainly seems more to this competition malarkey than meets the eye, but then again if it was that simple everyone would be doing it. I'd be interested to know more. Can you point me in the right direction, are there any links etc that you recommend?
holy cow, i flatter to deceive...thats all the mumbo jumbo that goes on in my head, i really have no idea what the judges will be looking at or for, thats just what stands out to me......sometimes you just look at something and like it, then ask yourself why you like it, my reasons will most likely be different to the next person, and wildly different from a judges perspective. :oops:
As a side, if i had to critique that scape i would prefer it if the sand pathway didnt sweep across the right foreground and either stopped at the front central point of the tank or swept to the left foreground. This would enhance the depth of focus i think....but hey, again thats just me.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back