• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

142L Scape

eleventhandy

Seedling
Hi all, finally my new tank was delivered yesterday morning. I was farly excited to get this started so finally created this journal entry.

This tank is replacing my old 60L tank which ive had running for about 2 years, with a mish mash if plants recommened by the nice people at LFS. As this had the odd Algae bloom and snail infestation, I have already moved some of the plants to a smaller 24L nano cude but i wont be moving the rest of them as i want to start afresh with this one.

Specs:
Tank: Braceless Specfication (AML)
Length: 30 inch (76.2cm)
Width: 18 inch (45.7cm)
Height: 18 inch (45.7cm)

Filter: Eheim Pro 3e 350
Heater: Hydor 300w inline (filter outlet)
Lighting: tmc grow beam 500 (led)
CO2: Sodastrem setup, with reg and solenoid, glass defuser bouble counter, to be installed once I get some PTFE Tape.
Substrate: Colombo Florabase brown (15L ish)
Hardscape: Dragon stone
Fertiliser: EI probably, undecided

Plant List:
TBD

8130559959_ddfe35b02d.jpg
Rock placement by eleventhandy, on Flickr

8130586622_ed2530c5da.jpg
Setup cycle by eleventhandy, on Flickr

Not sure on my plants, will need todo more reading but if anyone has some suggestions that would be awesome.

I'm annoyed as I broke one of the Lilly pipes when fitting it to the tank, so need to get that replaced at some point, though the green pipes aren't to bad. Also will be purchasing the tmc control unit to get the sunrise, sunset effect.

Re: 142L Scape planted

Hi, we'll I've finally got the tank planted. I couldn't decide on plant choices so ended up ordering a mixed box of plants from aqua essentals lol.

Alreenanthera x3 
Hygrophilia x1
Cryptocoryne x2
Echinodorus x1
Anubias x2
Rotala x1
Lilaeopsis x4
Hydrocotyle x3

8150041554_59dd3baf1c.jpg
Tank planted by eleventhandy, on Flickr

Ended up having to order a new co2 regulator so hopefully it arrives soon.

Lol, we'll I ended up having to get another regulator but its all sorted now. Will post another pic later

Got soadstream co2 all setup ok though I don't know how much O2 should be released in the tank, drop checker is light green which suggests is slightly high.

Don't know how long tank will last, I did a leek test showed no leaks but I'm convinced that the tubing is going to pop off the glass bouble counter but it is on tightly and non return valve is in place only time will tell.

So far the only annoying thing is the substrate is a bit light lol so some of my plants have gone swimming lol.

Yeah, it's turned off now, timer. Yeah it's adjusted not sure what the ppm is, as one of the guides I've been reeding suggests 30ppm if using nutrition+ fertilisers which I got free with the plants..

I have a seneye in the tank as well which is reporting ph of 7.3 and on the way down, will keep an eye on it.

Ouch, not good. Is it coming from the sodastream adapter? I read that you need to put some ptfe tape on it or something before attaching it, unless your got there fitting service. I made that mistake the first time. Busted the regulator getting the standard connection off so ended up getting another lol.

Tempted at getting this for my other tank, less hassle I think.
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tropica ... th=194_247

Re: 142L Scape photo update

Well tank has been running for a few days and so far so good.

Lights are on a 8hrs (2pm - 10pm). With co2 on a hour before lights come on and also before they go off.
Sorry for bad photo.
8153508807_762c3cae93.jpg
Fully planted by eleventhandy, on Flickr

Co2 defuser looks good. I have it on the opposite side of the tank from the inlet as suggested.

8153537016_f89bfa10b5.jpg
Co2 defuser by eleventhandy, on Flickr

I had issues with filling the drop checker. It was a bit fiddly keeping the water in and attaching hose at the same time.

8153510077_be6087fb6c.jpg
Bubble counter by eleventhandy, on Flickr

Loving the plant and rock combination, though I got a bit frustrated with carpet plants I kind of rushed it lol, they were so fiddly.

8153538210_7d8637973d.jpg
Large dragon stone by eleventhandy, on Flickr

I think there were three plants I didn't use in the end, can't remember what they were.
8153511373_640d5742d6.jpg
Plant close up by eleventhandy, on Flickr

Inside the cabenet is a mess lol. I wanted to get a plastic box to put all the electrical stuff on should there bee any leeks but also put frets and food tidly but the box from BBQ was too big to fit, must measure next time haha.

8153511907_59e2642cf1.jpg
Inside cabinet by eleventhandy, on Flickr

I'm glad I got the eheim filter and not the fluval g6, does seem to bet a nice solid filter. Still not figured out all the settings on the filter, seems to be controlling the flow automatically. Though I think the length of hose supplied was a bit stretched, especially when you have to factor in an external heater.

8153540096_17360655ea.jpg
Filter by eleventhandy, on Flickr

The Lilly pips were a bit disappointing. I broke the outlet one when fitting which I was gutted about but the inlet one doesn't seem very sturdy on the one suction cup. Also does it need to be fully submerged as its quit loud? They were only about £10 each on ebay, so I may switch to the spray bar I got with the filter.

Back