• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

125ltr Tropical Tank - Refresh ideas.

TigerBarb

Seedling
So there is a possibility I may be moving house across the country in the near future. My Juwel 125 Rio has served me well for the past 10 years, and I am happy to continue using it. The thought of transporting my modest tropical fish on a 250 mile journey made me consider perhaps I would be better to donate them to my local aquarium shop as the prospect of transporting all my possessions plus the water fish and other items seems pretty daunting.

So I was thinking today, should I simply restart a new comunity tropical setup if and when I move. Or should I perhaps consider going for something more specific. I think it might be time to consider for example new lighting units so viewing the tank is better, should I perhaps consider a rocky setup instead of planted? the options obviously go on and on.

Should I try something technically challenging like a river setup. Maybe go further with the planted tank, as I currently would say im pretty amateur at this using liquid carbon and not especially designing the tank to be optimised for this.
The tank does have a nice piece of bogwood that is well established, and its bedded with plant substrate of about 2-3 inches.

So for a 125 ltr tank, please throw me some ideas out there. Theme and stocking.
I currently use an Eheim 3 350

This was the tank at its best -

B7QQQxPIcAATyip.jpg

------

incidently I also have a Fluval 90ltr tank, which just has a few rasbora in with some rocks. Its pretty minimal and again I would consider setting this up newly as well. So if anyone had thoughts for a 90ltr this might be on the table. I might just stick to one tank after the move though -- maybe change the 90ltr tank to specifically a shrimp tank was one idea I had with just a shoal of Corys or something?

I know I will need to go further with sorting the tank out but as an update this is how its looking this week.

Need to go and get in some new plants this week going to really try to get back to something similar to what you see above, until I decide if im going for a different setup

C29lfZlWEAAi9EV.jpg

So as I said the other day, I needed to continue cleaning the tank, and changed up the amount of light to help prevent any algae returning.
Heres how we are looking as of today

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

Back