• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120p Chihiros Selection; 1x120cm vs 2x60cm vs 1x90cm

So pardon the long introduction, but what sized light would you go for?

• 2x60cm buddy. That will look nice, it's cheaper and it will give you enough power!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 1x120cm please, it's basically the only choice.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 1x90cm is indeed fine, as Balasz indicates. I have that myself and am very happy.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Was just about to switch to a Twinstar S, since the WRGB2 120cm was out of stock everywhere in Europe.

While I was waiting for a GreenAqua order with my additional filter and painting the cabinet, I figured I had a few days to wait. So googled every day, available nowhere at a normal price or delivery date, buuuut

It just became available from Poland if anyone wants it. Threefitty, so not a bad price either.
(not an affiliate link if you're wondering)

Hi all very informative thread!

I am looking in getting the Chihiros WRGB2 also for my 200L tank. The tank is 100cm wide so the 90 would be the one to go for yeah? Also Im scared that by placing the rights on the rim would be a disaster waiting to happen as I could end up dropping the lights into the water..

I recently got a WRGB2 for my 60x45x45 tank.

I have bunches of stem plants at the back of my tank and there was quite a bit of shadow which affected the leaves of the stem plants nearer the substrate. The stem plants also started bending forward. Fortunately I had a narrow but bright 1" wide Aquazonic LED strip with 15 x 1.5w bulbs which I put right at the back.

While the diffuser improves the quality of the light and reduces some harsh shadows, it certainly cuts down the light output compared to LED fixtures that don't use diffusers. As your tank is 40cm wide, I think the WRGB will just be enough to cover the front and back but it might also depend on what you're planting at the back of the tank.

Back