• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Οne stem species for low tech?

Sarpijk

I have seen mentioned that keeping a sole species of stem plants is supposed to be the way to go. How true is that and what's the theory behind that?

I have an 80-litre low tech with seachem flourite for substrate. The light fixture holds two 15-watt T8 lamps without reflectors. The main stem is hygro angustifolia (two plants). I have trouble with vals -they stay low. I have also trouble with two stems of egeria densa.

I dose once a week with macros and micros. Should I remove the angustifolia in case I prefer to grow a wall of vals?

I am pretty positive that I 've read post by plantbrain stating that it's better to narrow it down to few stem species in order to have a successful low teck.

Like Tom said...I'd actually go the other way, at least to start with. Bung as many species in there as you can and let them fight it out, I'm sure you'll find more than a few which will happily co-exist in your unique environmental conditions...alleopathy aside.

Back