• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

£750 to spend (on what)

MrLarner

right guys, i want to know if you was handed £750 and told to go out and buy everything needed to get the tank ready for plants and fish, what would you buy?
which tank would you buy?
which filter?
which c02
which substrate, etc etc.
you have £750 to buy the lot.
but to make it more interesting, you can buy any ADA stuff.

I'd still trawl ebay for bargains, so I could spend most of the cash on tropica plants and hardscape materials.

To be honest it would help if you had some sort of dimension you would want to build up from.

I set a budget of around the same when I bought my flat and I was sourcing a rio 400 for my living room. It took me around 3 months to source and view any local ones and in the end I settled for a Rena 350l for my living room.

As I already had an existing Rio 180 and various fish I simply knew that I would rehouse my discus and fishes. I ended up trawling on ebay and found a seller which was 10 mins up the road. I paid £250 for the tank which was only 4 months old.

I bought myself a new jbl e1500 filter and rena smart heater. This cost another £150.

I ended up selling my shoal of 35 cardinals and bought 35 rummynoses to my tank, eventually I bought another 35 so now I have 70 rummys, 4 discus and a load of clean up crew.

As I had already been down the route of co2 I was safe knowing that I could reinvest this. At the time of purchasing I bought a co2 FE kit from a UKAPS user. I parted with £60 and ended up with 3 FE and a kit.

I would say its more fun hunting down bargains rather than splashing out.

I dont personally plan on spending £750, i just wondered what everyone would do if they had a spare £750 but had to spend it on a planted tank.

Back