• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Vision 260 with T8

3kris3

Seedling
Hello, i have a juwel vision 260 with 2 38w T8 tubes 120cm wide.

will this be sufficient for decent plant growth or should i convert the bar into T5 or just add 1-2 T5 tubes aswell as my T8's?

Any help would be appreciated!

You have not said anything about the tpye of tank you wish to maintain, will you be injecting CO2?
Regardless I would recommend keeping the T8s.
If you are able to manage good flow and successfully add CO2 without any algea issues, then perhaps change to T5S or add one more T8.

For now it'll be a medium tech tank with injected xo2, root tabs and fert when my substrate is a few month okd

Also consider what's available to you in terms of replacement bulbs, if I want any option in light color/temp/manufacturer, T5's are great, T8's are dinosaurs ;) ... sadly even the T5's are going, I wanted a new fixture & it's all LEDs with the odd old fashioned T5

Hello, i have a juwel vision 260 with 2 38w T8 tubes 120cm wide.
will this be sufficient for decent plant growth
I agree completely with foxfish. Your ability to grow plants successfully has nothing to do with what lights you have and has everything to do with your competence using CO2. Instead of wasting money on new lighting, you should spend it on upgrading your filter so that you comply with the 10X rule. That will improve your chances 100X more than new lights.

Cheers,

Back