• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A1201 or Beamswork 800

Progen

Right now, I'm using a hodge podge of T4, T5 and T8 tubes in my high tech 4' and was wondering whether the Chihiros A1201 or Beamswork 800 would produce at least an improvement in lighting at substrate level which was measured to be around 17". The reason I'm thinking of changing lights is because my tubes are mounted on reflectors and sitting on the tank itself which contributes to heating problems and on hot days, my water temperature goes into the low 30s which can't be good for everything inside the tank.

Beamswork 800 is only good as a viewing light, or very low light. Although there are more powerful Beamswork's fixtures which can do the job.

Michel.

Beamswork 800 is only good as a viewing light, or very low light. Although there are more powerful Beamswork's fixtures which can do the job.

Michel.

Thanks, Michel. That's what I thought too because it only measured 500+ lux about 6" from my phone's light sensor whereas the cheap USD20+ LED I got a few days ago measured 1100+ lux at 2 feet so the Beamswork was definitely out of the question considering that it cost 3.5x more.

Back