• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Snag - Tbro's Nano Re-scaped

TBRO

Just thought I'd post a few pics to show I'm still interested in underwater scapes!

I stripped my shrimp tank down and re-tied the moss carpet. I've gone for a bare wood look. I initially was a bit uncertain about the layout of the wood, the upright bits seem a bit hard on the eye. However it's growing on me and I think I'lll keep it this way for a bit. Giving anubis a try (thanks for the cutting malbros). The CRS really like it and are roaming everywhere, even starting to carry eggs again. I'm determined to have a gravel beach but I guess the CRS will re-arrange things to their liking. The Java moss covered red-moor roots have been moved to my emergent setup, so tempted by poison dart frogs!Sorry about the dodgy iphone snaps!
tanksapril2010080.jpg

tanksapril2010083.jpg

tanksapril2010076.jpg

tanksapril2010070.jpg

tanksapril2010085.jpg

Thanks for looking, Tom

More pictures, please. that last tank couldn't be better by the looks! It's exactly what I have in mind when I think of a aquaterrium. How's it done?

Cheers Garuf, the emergent tank is just my Wabi tank with moss covered redmoore added. Should be humid enough in there for the Java moss to survive. http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9358&start=70

Here's another less shaky shot of the nano and emergent tanks. Was thinking about adding some riparium floating trellis to the wood uprights to give some shade to the anubis :?:
tanksapril2010097.jpg

tanksapril2010095.jpg

tanksmarch2010016.jpg

So that bottom image is the raft from this image?
It looks really great if so. I'm inspired as always. I think you should add some Crabs or newts or frogs, frogs would be nice too.

Thanks Garuf, I really like some of the dart frogs in that basement website. Really inspiring stuff!

Yeah me too! I'm going to go for crabs first though, I've promised myself that. I've actually scaped a wabikusa inspired tank but no plants yet. I meant to pm you and ask what had been your biggest sucesses and how you'd made the terraced area but my PM's are very hit or miss at the moment.

Most plants seem to thrive in the humid, closed top tank. Even UG seems to be doing pretty well. Stems seem pretty frail, so I guess if you were having frogs they would get battered down! Staurogynae would be a good stem. Hydrocotle, Hairgrass, Mariesella, Bacopa and HC all seem to be happy in the lower humidity conditions of a open bowl. Nothing technical about the terrace, just xmas moss covered rocks! Do you have any links to fresh water crab sites?

Those crabs are awesome, have to brush off my German dictionary! The vampires are especially cool.

After seeing all the Ripariums springing up thanks to Devin's influence, thought I'd see what it would look like in my nano, so made a small raft of emergent stems. I've always loved tanks where the plants or hardscape emerge into the room. What do you think should I invest in some riaparium kit?
tanksapril2010111.jpg

tanksapril2010112.jpg

tanksapril2010109.jpg

Ghost world sourced the riparium stuff dirt cheap, he's worth pm'ing. Just search the website homepage into google and then click translate. Vampires are supposedly the easiest, I really really want them but ended up having no end of outside issues that saw me cancel my order.

I've been developing the Riparium idea and all the emergent stems I had from my WK came in handy. Shrimp love to play in the roots.
tanksapril2010146.jpg

tanksapril2010148.jpg

tanksapril2010147.jpg

Man you guys have been busy since i was last browsing the journals.

Loving the Riparium vibe.

What are the dimensions on the tank btw?

I was browsing for Crystal Red retailers last weekend and I came across this guy in Northern Ireland who is selling micro crabs.

http://shop.shrimpking.co.uk/epages...ctPath=/Shops/es132481/Categories/Micro_Crabs

Note also the SSS grade CRS for £150 odd quid. :wideyed:

Best Regards,
John

Thanks Neil and hijac. I got totally lambasted when I asked for a frontal shot of Tom Barr's emergent scape :oops: (not by you Neil) I hadn't realized it was such a fopar :lol: I'll be happy to put up a frontal shot when I get in.

The tank is a 30 cm cube, I'm trying to go the way of Paulo's shrimp tank so it's totally no ferts/CO2. The shrimp seem to breed more this way. Thanks T

TBRO said:
Thanks Neil and hijac. I got totally lambasted when I asked for a frontal shot of Tom Barr's emergent scape :oops: (not by you Neil) I hadn't realized it was such a fopar :lol:

Nor me, I've learnt something new! Excuse my manners :oops: :lol:

Just for you Neil, some gratuitous frontal action!
tanksapril2010157.jpg

tanksapril2010163.jpg

tanksapril2010168.jpg

Hey peter, the filter is a Eheim Classic. Doesn't have the bells and whistles of more modern filters but it's silent and needs virtually no maintenance. Basically the AK 47 of the filter world.

Very nice indeed. How are the plants mounted are you using them riparium planter deals or are you more naturalistic in your planting?

The plants are stuck through some camping mat foam, just stem cuttings that have now rooted. You're welcome to stop by if your ever in the NW Paulo :lol:

Back