• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'The Full Monty' Has Left The Building last photos

These things happen sometimes...better now than when you got water, plants and fish in...rethink, regroup and start over, but most of all, take it easy, this is a hobby and the world isn't ending.
Epoxy glue will work better but it needs to cure for a longer time.

And...yes, they do have pictures on Taobao.com. I really buy almost anything from that website, also my EI chemicals.

Hi Martin, you are absolutely right...I think Epoxy glue is called Araldite over here where you mix two substances, a glue and a hardener together.

I am always dubious about using stuff like this in aquariums...but thanks for the tip...

I looked at the Taobao.com website and used a Google engine to translate the page...This is what I found...

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...sv&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts

Couldn't see any aquarium products though...

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear about your downs mate:( Hope the hand is better " I have done the pan handle thing %52"2 Hot "
And thank god the rock did not break the glass :eek::eek: And the tubes :banghead: After all of that i would have a couple of cold beers too;)
As to Araldite i have used it before to glue slate together " The fast setting one" Works a treat :thumbup: And has done no harm to fish shrimp or plants:)
Hope things go smoothly from now on mate ;)

Okay all, I finished messing about with the hardscape, this is as good as I am going to get it for now...

After the two failed attempts at building a rock wall...

DSC023141280x960_zpsed395be1.jpg

DSC023171280x960_zps5d2fb9f8.jpg

The scape actually looks better than these photos show it to be...there is much more perspective when you see it for real...

DSC023151280x960_zpsc7871bbf.jpg

So, plants are ordered for pick up on Thursday and the planting begins on Friday...

This is the bit I have been waiting for...let's hope it goes more smoothly than doing the hardscape...

Looks great. I'm sure it will do mate, hardscape is always different, but plants you've worked with all the time, and you have a planting/care regime already in your mind from previous scapes.
Can't wait to see it.
Matt.

I find it most exciting when I get home from work and see how much things have grown in 24hours, unreal! I went away to Spain on Friday morning and got at 1am last night. Her indoors has done a wonderful job looking after the tank! Insane growth. Needless to say I couldn't stop thinking about the tank haha.
Why haven't you recreated the jewel 190 wall on the chicken wire? That worked really well and there was no chance of it falling off. Could always cut the wire on angles if you didn't want a straight wall. And even attach more the the front(thicker) but still as safe.
Matt.

Alrighty!
You should have uploaded this picture earlier! Definitely gives you perspective now! Do love your tank though... Makes me sad not to have a rectangular tank anymore :(

Roll on Friday anyway!! You already know how your planting it or you going to lay it all out when you get them?
Matt.

Screen shot the screen, paste in paint and crop accordingly. Post as a photo like you normally would.

Untitled_zps5ca3b44d.png

Looks like it's going to be awesome :)
Thought if just post it to save the hassle. Next time instead of saving the photo as a jpeg save it as a..png file. It's a lot higher quality and will resize in the right resolution.

Back